Egg Money Manager

Options
Has anybody signed up to use the egg money manager as there is a free £15? I am thinking about signing up and would like to know how long it took for the £15 to arrive and whether it was simply added straight to your account.

Many thanks
Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam

Comments

• mancitychick
    mancitychick Posts: 977 Forumite
    Options
    I too notice this when I signed into Egg this morning. I think Martin has already done an article relating to this.
  • jimmyjim_uk
    jimmyjim_uk Posts: 552 Forumite
    Options
  • We_Laugh_Indoors
    Options
    do it.

its money for nothing.
    'What's poignancy grandad?'

'It's the cordon bleu of emotions sonny'
  • ADAM001
    ADAM001 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jozvaldo wrote:
    Has anybody signed up to use the egg money manager as there is a free £15? I am thinking about signing up and would like to know how long it took for the £15 to arrive and whether it was simply added straight to your account.

Many thanks

It was a tenner when i registered,it took 3 months for them to pay up,you can change your password logins etc once you have done this(i personally dont want egg to know the state of my accounts) and they still pay.
    its straight forward enough.
  • carl310166
    carl310166 Posts: 747 Forumite
    Options
    I know some people are concerned about EGG having details of your other accounts,but personally,i think Money Manager is great!

I can see all my accounts online at the same time,and it helps me keep track of our finances.I have current accounts/savings accounts/ISA's/credit cards etc all on one page.

It is good for my wife,who has no real interest in this type of thing,but i have shown her how to access everything incase something should happen to me !!
    Sponsored by Tesco Clubcard Points !!
  • mrsw
    mrsw Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Do you need to have online banking set up with your other banks to add accounts to EMM?
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, you do. Basically it works by giving Egg your internet banking logons and security details (though nobody at Egg can actually see them - they operate within a secure "password safe" which you download to your PC) so that once you're logged on to Egg, you can then access your other accounts at the touch of a button.
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • ashmit
    ashmit Posts: 622 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    They've emailed me to tell me about this offer. I've done it before and received £10. However... when I went in the read the small print it doesn't say anything about 'you can only do this if you've not participated in this offer before'. Morally I really think I shouldn't do this, but just out of curiosity, do you think they really would credit me with another £15?
  • Bez_4
    Bez_4 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I have used EMM for a while and it is very useful for viewing (most) of my egg and non-egg accounts in one place. I didn't ever get any reward for doing so though, and note that the terms state I can't get it now either :(

I have never had a problem with the security side of it - possibly too trusting I guess!
    I've seen it, it's the future
  • We_Laugh_Indoors
    Options
    ashmit wrote:
    They've emailed me to tell me about this offer. I've done it before and received £10. However... when I went in the read the small print it doesn't say anything about 'you can only do this if you've not participated in this offer before'. Morally I really think I shouldn't do this, but just out of curiosity, do you think they really would credit me with another £15?
    go for it.

if they emailed you about it i don't see any reason why you can't add another account to see if you get the money.

will probably have a go my self.
    'What's poignancy grandad?'

'It's the cordon bleu of emotions sonny'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills