New T-Mobile PAYG Plan

Options
brodders
brodders Posts: 28 Forumite
T-Mobile have launched a new PAYG plan called 'Mates Rates'.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/matesrates

5p a min to other T-Mobile phones and 5p a text to other T-Mobile phones

20p a min to landlines and 40p a min to other networks. Texts are 10p to other networks

Comments

• BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    T-Mobile have certainly lost it with their PAYG tariffs.

To think T-Mobile (One2One) were the first to offer PAYG, then they decided they no longer wanted people on PAYG so switched the tariff to 30/20/10, everyone decided yes they will ditch T-Mobile PAYG but they didn't choose their contracts, they moved to other networks. This new tariff is not going to encourage anyone to stay or anyone to join.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • yasminec
    yasminec Posts: 583 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone know how this works as it doesnt really tell you much on the website.
    Thank You
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    yasminec wrote:
    does anyone know how this works as it doesnt really tell you much on the website.
    Thank You

What dont you understand? How to switch to it if yor existing customer,the cost of a sim card for new customers, and the tariffs are clearly shown on the website.
    PF.
  • seaniboy
    seaniboy Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    Options
    lmfao @ T-mobile
    If I helped or saved you money - Thank me
    If I helped you spend some money - spank me
    If I done both - :lipsrseal me:eek:
    :D
    ;)
  • Dronegc_2
    Dronegc_2 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Another awful tariff from T-Mobile. I can honestly say that I don't know ANYONE who has a mobile connected to T-Mobile. They just price their tariffs far too high.
    Boo!
  • yasminec
    yasminec Posts: 583 Forumite
    Options
    is there a certain amount you need to top up by each month to qualify for this?
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    Existing T Mobile PAYG T&C apply so it will be the same as it is on the other PAYG plans.Whatever that might be!!!
    PF.
  • GeoThermal
    GeoThermal Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    I tried T-Mobile for a couple of months as they did a deal on a free sim with 2000 free texts for one £10 top up. That ran out last week and I went straight back to my O2 sim.

On T-Mobile I had lots of glitches such as phoning a standard landline number to be greeted with "sorry, calls to this mumber have been barred." Try a short time later and it would work. Sometimes I would send a text and get a text back from T-Mobile saying mine couldn't be sent as I was low on credit. They were free! Again trying a short time later and it would send. Signal wasn great either although I am in the "back of beyond." I don't know if they're generally as bad as in my experience but I couldn't recommend them.

Back to O2 and all is well again.
  • fayraz
    fayraz Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    T-Mobile have really messed up their PAYG plans and have probably lost a lot of customers, I think they should just go back to the normal 25p/m for the first three mins and then 5p/m thereafter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure