5% off First class stamps at Superdrug

Options
20 November
What's the deal?

Superdrug is offering 5% off First class stamps from Wed 21 November until stocks last (which it estimates to be mid December). While it's often just as quick and cheaper to buy Second Class, if you do use First Class often anyway then stock up while the offer's on.

What they'll cost at Superdrug:
  • Book of 4 First Class for large letters: £1.82 (Normal price: £1.92)
  • Book of 6 First Class: £1.94 (Normal price: £2.04)
  • Book of 12 First Class: £3.87 (Normal price: £4.08)

Remember in some ways stamps are inflation proof so stock up

Provided the stamps say "First" rather than having a cost on them (e.g. 34p) then even when stamp prices go up - they're still useable as first class stamps. Thus there isn't a problem stocking up on them when you can get them.

Christmas Postage..

If you're sending to friends and family in the UK then make sure you know the last posting dates for Christmas.
  • Standard Parcels and mail order: Fri 14 December
  • Second Class: Sat 17 December
  • First Class: Thurs 20 December
For last posting dates abroad use the Royal Mail's posting dates search.

PS. This deal was originally spotted by MoneySaver quoia below. Thanks for the top spot! This post has been inserted to provide a more detailed explaination and research for MoneySavers coming from the weekly email

threadbanner.gif

Comments

• quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Just heard on the TV so details are sketchy but as I understand it ...

From TOMORROW

Superdrug will be offering 5% off the list price of FIRST CLASS postage stamps

This equates to 21p off a book of 12 (usually £4.08) and a 10p reduction on a book of 6. (full price £2.04)

Apparently will also apply to the "LARGE LETTER" versions but details & prices were not mentioned.

A bit of research seems to suggest that the "cheapest" 48p LARGE letter stamp is available in a book of 4 which is normally £1.92 - so I presume these these would probably attract a 10p discount.

MAXIMUM of 72 stamps per customer !

Apologies if there are any mistakes - which I will correct as I discover them.

(I've put it in GRABBIT because if I remember correctly the offer last year lasted for about 3 weeks - ended a good 2 weeks before Xmas)

There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • lumpy_bum
    lumpy_bum Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Options
    dont forget if you are with greasypalm and youve registered youre debit cards you can earn cashback from superdrug:D
    :cool:minds is willing , soul remains, this woman cannot be saved :cool:
    ;);););););););):A;);););););););)

• fixerk
    fixerk Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    cheaper to buy unfranked stamps on ebay only £20 for 100
  • harryharp
    harryharp Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lumpy_bum wrote: »
    dont forget if you are with greasypalm and youve registered youre debit cards you can earn cashback from superdrug:D
    But the cashback is only online, isn't it?
  • oojeyboojey
    Options
    fixerk wrote: »
    cheaper to buy unfranked stamps on ebay only £20 for 100

Yeah, but that's illegal!
  • hughlss
    Options
    I buy all my 1st class stamps from Rushstamps, the stamp dealer, at 12% discount - all perfectly legal. I think the minimum is probably £100 at a time.
    (You can buy £100 of mixed values at £79.)
    There's no catch, they are fully gummed, so it's worth it if you use lots of stamps. Check whether you're getting the ones marked '34p' or '1st class' -
    Contact details are:
    www.rushstamps.co.uk
    or by 'phone: 023 8028 2044

(I've got not connection with Rushstamps other than being one of their customers in the past, and where they know me as 'hyphen')

Hugh Stewart-Smith (that's why!)
  • mrsw
    mrsw Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks OP, I've been waiting for this to come around again after stocking up last year.
  • joho
    joho Posts: 4,608 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can you also get student discount on the stamps at Superdrug do you think? I'm guessing not - but you never know!
    If you have nothing constructive to say just move along.
  • bulltraderpt
    Options
    Yeah, but that's illegal!

Yeah so is losing 25 million sets of bank details (as per the data protection act), but I suspect no one will be charged on that score do you?
  • The_Dean
    Options
    If you are a member of costco then you can buy 10 books of 6 first class stamps for £18.99 or 10 books of 4 large letter stamps for £17.99 (both approx 7% discount).

There are no limits but you obviously need to buy a lot in one go.

Don't forget that stamps marked 1st are attributed a value of 34p and so if you are sending something recorded delivery (for example) you can put 2 first class stamps and then add 2p to bring it up to 70p (so the actual cost works out at just over 65p). Similarly if you are sending a parcel, add enough first class stamps to make up the postage etc...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure