Global Shares

Options
I've been sent a letter from a company in London called "Global Shares Limited" they have been around since 2003. I can't find out any info on the net, has anybody used them before?

pbradders.

Comments

• Aegis
    Aegis Posts: 5,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you ask for any such information? If not, probably best to just bin it and save yourself all sorts of complications!
    I am a Chartered Financial Planner
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
  • cheerfulcat
    cheerfulcat Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, the bin's the best place for it.
  • Coldfinger
    Options
    My sister-in-law got one too.

Their website domain name was created on 16th October through Tucows

See http://whois.domaintools.com/globalshares.org

See also http://photos.jibble.org/albums/Bradford-on-AvonAtEaster/Barge_Pole_At_Bradford_on_von_Lock_Gates_A8V9293.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Aegis
    Options
    Ahh, another financial website with no mention whatsoever of the FSA regulation that they should have, or indeed any mention of the nature of their services.

Yeah, bin the information, if you ask me!
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
  • tom188
    tom188 Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    Options
    boiler room
  • Jimibeee
    Jimibeee Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    very very dodgy looking leaflet i got one as well
    definatly a boiler room, no doubts, look at the testimonials
    pictures blatantly pulled of the net
  • fidelestix
    Options
    I was also sent a glossy brochure, but was (am) very suspicious of it - Couldn't they have paid more models to pose? I hesitated and thought: well if it's this good (ie a £2K investment could return £50K in 2 years (or something like that) why isn't everybody taking out a loan of 2K and then taking up their offer?
  • trevork
    trevork Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have been reading the posts on GSL and was wondering if anyone had purchased the software and made any money... I have recieved the brochure and have had a couple of calls.

Should I take a gamble or not.

[EMAIL="trevor@brickbuild.com"]trevor@brickbuild.com[/EMAIL]
  • Aegis
    Options
    Take the gamble if you also like throwing your money off balconies in the hope that you'll get more back. If that idea doesn't appeal to you, personally I think you should leave this product well alone!
  • robp
    robp Posts: 221 Forumite
    Options
    These companies make me so mad, but what's almost worse is how easily they draw people in with incredible promises of wealth.

Might be nice if they ripped off some gangland hardnut, who sends the boys round to teach these cowards a lesson!!

Not that I'd condone any sort of violence of course. :rolleyes:

Please just do the decent thing.

Ditch this junk mail.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills