get it mended for free

I need to recommend the following website after I was having problems with my dishwasher

10 minutes after following the advice on this site, my dishwasher is up and running smoothly again

www.fixed4free.com

no need to register and no cost involved

firmly put into my favorites for the future

damski

threadbanner.gif

Comments

• mirry
    mirry Posts: 1,570 Forumite
    thank you so much, my dish washer is sitting broken for the past 8 months ,I cant afford to fix it so will check this out .
    Kindness costs nothing :)
  • bones61
    bones61 Posts: 2,272
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dont need this .. yet (would like to hope never will)
    but saved to favorites just in case
  • john_kent
    john_kent Posts: 425 Forumite
    Just had alook through and found a part number for a freezer motor I needed.
  • mg16458
    mg16458 Posts: 7 Forumite
    thanks for this , have bookmarked the site for later use.
  • Jennie_2
    Jennie_2 Posts: 2,122 Forumite
    Cool site and really useful. Thank you!!
    :dance:Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will. :dance:
  • bones61
    bones61 Posts: 2,272
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    damski, great timing.
    just had someone from another site asking how to fix a cd player problem so gave 'em your link
  • wow timing, my cooker just went pop
    this site says its my element
  • Jedster
    Jedster Posts: 256 Forumite
    I've just helped someone fix their washing machine

I'm always glad to be of service
    Living the Dream...............:A

Every little helps
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,428
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    damski wrote: »
    I need to recommend the following website after I was having problems with my dishwasher

10 minutes after following the advice on this site, my dishwasher is up and running smoothly again

www.fixed4free.com

no need to register and no cost involved

firmly put into my favorites for the future

damski

Whilst there may be some very good gems of wisdom on here, please be very very careful before following any of it.

I've just had a search for a few things and looked at the questions posted and answers given.

Firstly, looked for WM and BEARINGS - this is the Hotpoint range of washing machines and I know from experience that the bearings are an issue.

Of the 12 to 15 I looked at, with just 1 exception (which was truthful advice on removing a specific nut & pulley), all the others basically said , don't do it yourself, you need special tools, call an engineer - expect to pay £100 to £150, a nightmare, not for the novice, etc. etc.

Well I'm a novice, I didn't have any special tools, it wasn't nightmare (IT WAS QUITE DIFFICULT never having done it before) but I did it for £6 (cost of the bearings & seals) when the engineer wanted £95 because it would take him 90 minutes to 2 hours.
    It took me just over 4 hours - although whilst in bits I fully cleaned the tub and drum and door seal and most hoses and soap drawer from all the build up of powder/scum/dirt/mould etc. - something the engineer wouldn't have done.
    One of the answers even said "We do it for £XXX" and included his phone number so watch out for traders selling their wares.

Secondly I had a look at MONDEO, found an answer to a problem that was potentially very dangerous, likely to make matters much worse and make any costs involved in repairs spiral to 10, 20 , maybe even 100 times what they would have been before following the advice given.

Thirdly, having had a quick look around some of the general TV fault responses, I'd rate most of them as TOTAL PANTS !
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • damski_2
    damski_2 Posts: 522 Forumite
    OK

I accept it may not be to every ones taste, but it has saved me money and I guess it will save others money as well

instead of coming on here and having a rant at what was a genuine attempt to help others,

why not add your vast knowledge to the database on the site and help others as well
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure