"Yourcalls.net - CPS product imminent"

Options
Their was a suggestion on here by one of their staff that ycn might do a Cps service . 24/7 01/02 calls £5 a month.

I e-mailed them about it. This was their response.

"Dear ???

Thank you for your enquiry. Please except my apologies for the delay in this response. After liaising with our product development team a CPS only service does not seem to be an option that we are pursuing. I have recorded your email and if this decision ever gets reversed I will drop you a quick email to inform you of developments. Many Thanks "

(Dont hold your breath.:D)

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Now that's a shame. I thought it was there of thereabouts.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=4531424&postcount=41

I've also PM'd macminiuser - but he's not that good at spotting the arrival of PMs.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • hurrah
    hurrah Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    Options
    Perhaps macminiuser may care to comment.:D
  • Heinz
    Options
    hurrah wrote: »
    Perhaps macminiuser may care to comment.:D
    I PM'd him on 28/3/07 and 2/4/07 - still no reply.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • macminiuser
    macminiuser Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    hey you crazy cats... I really am pants at seeing when I've got PMs aren't I. :o

in a company of about 80 people, there are only a handful of people who know about the brewing Yourcalls.net CPS calls only products. for everyone else, the standard issue answer to CPS-only enquiries is, "not for now, but thanks for your enquiry."

all the technology has been put in place to deal with CPS-only customers, including provisioning, online billing etc, as far as I'm aware it's made it through testing/is making it through testing. I was under the impression it would be deployed imminently (I was told beginning-mid April), but the guy dealing with it is away on paternity leave at the moment so it won't get put into place until he gets back (when that is I don't know).

the new signup process with CPS product option will look like this:

screenshot.png

it will happen! ... I just don't know when.
    Fasthosts ruined my life
  • BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, will keep an eye open for the launch.
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    in a company of about 80 people, there are only a handful of people who know about the brewing Yourcalls.net CPS calls only products. for everyone else, the standard issue answer to CPS-only enquiries is, "not for now, but thanks for your enquiry."

You would have thought Darren S your Sales Team Leader would have known. :D

But excellent news nevertheless.:T
  • macminiuser
    Options
    BritBrat wrote: »
    Thanks, will keep an eye open for the launch.

you and me both... :angry:

it's so frustrating... it's not often a monkey like me (armed with some posts from the MSE crew - big up to Heinz) gets to instigate a change like this in a company's policy - with website updates and allsorts - and it feels kind of exciting to be part of it.
    Fasthosts ruined my life
  • macminiuser
    Options
    You would have thought Darren S your Sales Team Leader would have known. :D

But excellent news nevertheless.:T

he probably does; but 'the company' has decreed that the response to customers is supposed to be "not at the moment sweetcheeks, but we'll let you know," ... unfortunately there are donuts like me who can't keep their mouth shut... :o
    Fasthosts ruined my life
  • Heinz
    Options
    Thanks for the update - please remind whoever that the Sky Talk Unlimited CPS package (£5/month for calls of up to an hour to UK 01/02 numbers and to 10 specified international destinations) is the one you have to beat.
  • BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    Options
    Heinz throws in the challenge.

It made me chuckle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts