You know you're a money saver when.....

Pinky15
Pinky15 Posts: 916 Forumite
edited 12 January 2010 at 1:27PM in Old style MoneySaving
I saw a similar thread a while back and thought it would be fun to start a new one for 2010!

You know your a money saver when....
- You get excited about 20p you found on the path.
- Your sister gives you a bag, of half empty bubble bath, and shampoos and it makes your week (was very excited last week lol)
- The first thing you ask mum when she orders somethibg online was ... ".. did you go through Quidco" and when she replies no have a mild heart attack!
- Your family think BOGOF is a brand!
- Money Saver Expert is your homepage - x

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
:j
Nov 2012 - Loan £1200, CC1 £1450
CC2 £1300, CC3 £100
Next £200

I will get rid!!!!

Comments

• nodwah
    nodwah Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    What about picking up pennies in the street!?!
    Just call me Nodwah the thread killer
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    you consider risking life and limb to go to the supermarket because you reckon there will be a load of whoopsies because no other idiots will go shopping in a blizzard!
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    When you think ....'Mmmm what can I make with this?' rather than throw something out :rotfl: Not food as we all know about the merits of bottom of the fridge soup.

When you refuse to put the new toothpaste out until the old tube has been cut open & every bit of toothpaste has been used :D

When the children ask you eagerly how much you're under budget on the current months Grocery Challenge!

When you don't have any more debts piling up because you've seen the light and realise that it's not worth it all :T
  • When you only visit the charity shop on a Saturday because you know the men's-wear will be half-price.
  • Oh my I can identify with all the above posts. My friend lent me a book called 'The Secret' which is basically about positive affirmations. One of my affirmations for 2010 is 'I am rich' but no only in the financial sense.
    Well have found 26p already including 5p in the launderette!
    Found £10 in the receipts for shredding box.
    Have enough toiletries as Christmas presents to last a long time.
    Am still using shampoo left by a friend when she stayed in the summer.
    The lady in LIDL gave me a smoked bacon loin with a sell-by date of today,yesterday.Now in freezer.
    Have made soup for luches all this week using up red lentils in store cupboard.
    Enjoyed beautiful sunsets over Christmas.
    Went for a lovely walk yesterday, with a friend.
    Cut up all my old Christmas and birthday cards for competition postcards.
    Life is sweet
  • jammy_dodger
    jammy_dodger Posts: 1,925
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    the family say my motto when i see something in the shops is ...."Don't buy it i'll see if i can make it ...."

i usually do and it usually tastes a whole lot better and i know what all t he ingredients are:j
  • MyRubyRed
    MyRubyRed Posts: 941 Forumite
    I am VERY depressed. I'm addicted to this site but I am a really crap cook and my attempts to cook good cheap wholesome food is ending up costing me more as I'm throwing away more than we eat.
    I can feed my family on beans on toast or egg and chips ...and save money but I want to be able to put things in the oven or slow cooker or whatever that turn out nice. The only thing I have mastered is broth and nice as it is there is only so much you can eat. Is any one in the same situation??
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    nodwah wrote: »
    What about picking up pennies in the street!?!
    That will be me. I found a penny today and got excited:o
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • tigerlily
    tigerlily Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    Pinky15 wrote: »
    I saw a similar thread a while back and thought it would be fun to start a new one for 2010!

You know your a money saver when....

- Money Saver Expert is your homepage - x

Erm.......MSE is actually my homepage!!! LOL I guess I am converted to the church of Moneysaving!!:D
    Debt free = December 2010...as of March 2006 it is now January 2010..... as of December 2008 it is now December 2009 :j hopefully sooner!!
    :jDEBT FREE:j January 2012, took longer but I got there, all by myself, through sheer hard work and pride!
  • When everyones rushing to the shops to get milk bread etc. and you buy flour, suet, lard, dried milk etc ;)

When you keep a pot with about 10 leftover peas in it in the fridge to go in tomorrows dinner hehehe

When the idea of buying a special 'bathroom cleaner' is anathema to you!
    ''A moment's thinking is an hour in words.'' -Thomas Hood
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport