Heard from your bank/court about your claim being restarted? Please let us know.

Options

Comments

• boomclart
    boomclart Posts: 187 Forumite
    Options
    Barclays........
  • Oeillade
    Oeillade Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a claim stayed at court against Nationwide. If I have to start again, I'll lose out on charges 2003/2004 which are on the claim at court.

Oeillade
  • onlypaddy
    Options
    esmerellda wrote: »
    Which banks are you guys with ?

My main account is now with A&L but the bank charges claim is for my Lloyds TSB graduate account.
    Debts at LBM (May '08) £5760 - Lloyds CC £4260, Lloyds OD £1500;
    Debts as of May 28th 2011:
    Santander CC: £0.00
    Lloyds OD : £0.00
    DFW Nerd #1247 - Proudly dealt with my Debts :D Olympic 2012 Challenge #12
  • CRAZUHEAD37
    Options
    I have a case management discussion for a counter claim against alliance and leicester which includes bank charges listed for 13.01.2010
  • Jph64
    Options
    For the attention of Wend / Ame

I tried to reply to your e mail to me but this failed

I would thank you very much for your respone and for any assistance you can afford me in this matter.

The application to have the stay lifted was mine based on hardship grounds, the Nationwide applied to have the proceedings struck out, due to the OFT case.

The stay was lifted and I mentioned in discussions my thoughts around a claim under Section 5. The judge has allowed me until 8th January to redraft and represent my claim. I do not have the documents from the court confirming this yet, but I will be happy to provide these as soon as they arrive with me.

I attach a copy of my original claim form for your information. I can provide the associated correspondence upon request.

I will aslo send this information to Stephen at Penalty charges as per his reqest on the forum.

With my thanks for anything you can do.

John
  • Rg_Jp
    Options
    MSE_Wendy wrote: »
    Please let us know as soon as you've had a letter from your bank or court to say your claim is being reopened or heard. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread :)

Dear MSE,

I sent the letters into my local bank quite sometime ago. i have had letters in the past saying that they were not able to make a decesion about my claim until the rulling had been made. i am owed in the region of £1000 and have been living in my overdraft for the last 2 years. just before the rulling i decided to contact the financial ombudsman who responded to me saying that at the moment they are not able to take on any more cases.

Since the rulling i still haven't recieved anything to say that my claim has been declined but am starting to get very frustraighted with the fact i can't do anything.

My main argument to the Supreme court rulling is that if they think that the bank charges are fair then why have so many banks already paid out to so many customers before the rulling was made.

I am currently with HSBC and have recently exceded my overdraft limit by £5 and requested that if for any reason my account goes over its limit they need to contact me for it to be resolves the same day, i was told that it would be possible for them to, as it will stop me from receiveing any further charges. Then i see i have another charge of £25.

MSE please help i really feel that i am being un-fairly treated.

Many Thanks
    Johnpaul
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    Rg_Jp wrote: »
    Dear MSE,

I sent the letters into my local bank quite sometime ago. i have had letters in the past saying that they were not able to make a decesion about my claim until the rulling had been made. i am owed in the region of £1000 and have been living in my overdraft for the last 2 years. just before the rulling i decided to contact the financial ombudsman who responded to me saying that at the moment they are not able to take on any more cases.

Since the rulling i still haven't recieved anything to say that my claim has been declined but am starting to get very frustraighted with the fact i can't do anything.

My main argument to the Supreme court rulling is that if they think that the bank charges are fair then why have so many banks already paid out to so many customers before the rulling was made.

I am currently with HSBC and have recently exceded my overdraft limit by £5 and requested that if for any reason my account goes over its limit they need to contact me for it to be resolves the same day, i was told that it would be possible for them to, as it will stop me from receiveing any further charges. Then i see i have another charge of £25.

MSE please help i really feel that i am being un-fairly treated.

Many Thanks
    Johnpaul
    It is irrelevant what banks have done and the Supreme Court did not say that the charges were fair. At the moment, it is a waiting brief.
    With regards to the HSBC charge ask them if they will consider a refund based on the fact it was your first charge.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • esmerellda
    esmerellda Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Options
    Sending you a pm xxx
    Jph64 wrote: »
    For the attention of Wend / Ame

I tried to reply to your e mail to me but this failed

I would thank you very much for your respone and for any assistance you can afford me in this matter.

The application to have the stay lifted was mine based on hardship grounds, the Nationwide applied to have the proceedings struck out, due to the OFT case.

The stay was lifted and I mentioned in discussions my thoughts around a claim under Section 5. The judge has allowed me until 8th January to redraft and represent my claim. I do not have the documents from the court confirming this yet, but I will be happy to provide these as soon as they arrive with me.

I attach a copy of my original claim form for your information. I can provide the associated correspondence upon request.

I will aslo send this information to Stephen at Penalty charges as per his reqest on the forum.

With my thanks for anything you can do.

John
    LegalBeagles
  • woodymeg
    woodymeg Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    Bank: Halifax
    Amount Reclaimed: 5000.00

Amount they paid: 2400.00
    How long did it take: since July 09
    The story: They paid this amount into my bank account last night, since I've had my case looked at by the customer services they have been excellant in helping me, first phoned them at begining of Nov 09 thought that after court case they would not help anymore but nothing was mentioned about case at all they just continued as normal helping me.
    The only thing was that they would only go back 6 years and my claim was from 2001, but i really thought it was all lost, but now can have a great xmas knowing there will be no-one knocking at my door (only santa)
  • esmerellda
    esmerellda Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Options
    Thats wonderful, hardship claims should continue under BCOBS so great to know they are still processing these complaints successfully.
    woodymeg wrote: »
    Bank: Halifax
    Amount Reclaimed: 5000.00

Amount they paid: 2400.00
    How long did it take: since July 09
    The story: They paid this amount into my bank account last night, since I've had my case looked at by the customer services they have been excellant in helping me, first phoned them at begining of Nov 09 thought that after court case they would not help anymore but nothing was mentioned about case at all they just continued as normal helping me.
    The only thing was that they would only go back 6 years and my claim was from 2001, but i really thought it was all lost, but now can have a great xmas knowing there will be no-one knocking at my door (only santa)
    LegalBeagles
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport