Most successful MSE challenge of 2009?

Little_Vics
Little_Vics Posts: 1,516 Forumite
edited 8 December 2009 at 9:44PM in Debt-free wannabe
OH and I are thinking of setting ourselves some challenges for next year, but there are so many to chose from! We wondered what your most successful one for 2009 had been and which you'll be doing again? It might help us figure out what to do!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Sassers
    Sassers Posts: 1,303
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi there :wave:
    Most definitely Pay A Debt A Day - known as PAD and very very addictive! Just see my sig.....and I've only been padding since the beginning of September!
    Love Sassers x
    Current debt and mortgage: £25, 820.35 Debt/Mortgage at start: £92,598 (27/09/2010)
    DEBT FREE!
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Definitely PAD. :)

Last time I looked, it seemed as if they were going to get close to 1/2 £million paid off by the end of the year.:T:T
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • The living on 4000 a year is amazing, and the payment a day is good too. I also do the sealed pot thing, that is handy.

Pap has recently started to run 1 debt v 100 days which has really focussed me the most to pay off my CC debt, plus the other give up XYZ for hundred days (cured me of magazines!)

Good luck with your challenges!

xx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • JES_F1
    JES_F1 Posts: 753
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    If you've got some stuff to sell, especially books, CDs, DVDs, and videos, try the Make £10 a Day Challenge.
    Debt Jan 2008: £45,566. *** June 2013: DEBT FREE! ***
    Paid back just under £50,000 due to some interest added.

Dealt with my debt through a Step Change
    (CCCS) DMP.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member #240.
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    the Make £10 a day challenge is just brilliant..you only need to look at my sig for that although there are folks who have done better than me. Also the No Spend Day Challenge is also good (NSD).
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm all about the PAD challenge :D We have paid off £400,000 of collective debt this year so far!
  • Another vote for PAD here... a stealthy way of paying down debts. And the NSD challenge has been brilliant for me because its really made me think about spending BEFORE I spend rather than after :D

Sx
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi,On the 1/1/09 I started putting any £1 coins I had into a savings tin the one you can only open with a tin opener.Last night I decided to open it and count it up and was amazed to find there was £979.00,I didnt miss the money and cant wait for christmas because my mother has got me a larger tin as a christmas present,so I will be ready for Jan 1st.
  • PAD's definitely!!!! :):) although I always forget to post mine - am I allowed to to a massive post at the end of the year??
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Little_Vics
    Little_Vics Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    this is all really good stuff! How does PAD work - can someone post a link?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure