🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

not a happy abbey customer!

Options
Dear people i opened the 8% home saver from abbey in november now 6.5%.

i asked mationwide to set up standing order but it failed and got sent back.

now went in town on monday as i got a abbey current account and ask them to set up this standing order for me a surprise suprise they havent set it up.

i need to make a payment in december else i get a 0.1 intrest rate.
shocking!

are abbey always this bad?

Comments

• scott_lithgows
    Options
    Yes is the simple answer
    I have a deep burning indifference
  • kanchhelskis
    Options
    lol when i ask nationwide to set up a standing order they do it straight away, or i set it up its easy, it was hard to set up on abbeys website.thats why i asked them om monday, oh well town friday, this time be a bit more forcefull, cause im gonna get a rubbish rate if they dont set it up soon.
  • fullstop
    Options
    Cant you set it up yourself on-line? solve a lot of problems.
    "When the Government borrows, the citizen has to save".

Machiavellii
  • kanchhelskis
    Options
    ive tried mate, keeps coming up error when i put the amount in, i will try again tomorrow. this is why i went in branch, this is what they get payed for lol.
  • Just_landed
    Options
    Yes is the simple answer

agreed :p
  • PBA
    PBA Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Options
    are abbey always this bad?
    Intrigued by the problem. If the standing order from Nationwide got sent back it's because they didn't put the correct details on it, not Abbey's fault. If you asked them to set up a standing order in branch then it gets done within a week, and before the start date you've asked for (if that's sooner).

If you're worried the standing order won't go in just put 100 quid cash in, that'll make sure you get the full interest for December. Just make sure the standing order doesn't go through as well this month.
  • isofa
    isofa Posts: 6,091 Forumite
    Options
    agreed :p

Abbey are the most appalling company I've ever dealt with, myself nor my family would ever use them again, we closed all our accounts last year (or the year before), because of constantly poor service, rude counter staff in branches, simple mistakes repeated over and over again, and a truly upsetting experience for an elderly relative who lost her husband - unforgivable.
  • PJD
    PJD Posts: 580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm ashamed to admit that had been banking with them from since I was a teenager, up until only about 2/3 years ago (i'm 33).

I had a similar experience to isofa, - I closed my accounts with them that I had at the time (current, ISA & savings) and I will never return.
  • MJS996
    MJS996 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    I've had problems with their telephone people, but in defence to the branches, the counter staff I have dealt with in the 3 branches I use regularly have all been excellent and I have no complaints whatsoever.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    In the Money section of the Sunday Times there is one of letters pages where the columist tries to help when people have difficulties with finances. She said she got more letters about problems with Abbey than any other bank or building society.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport