IKEA January sale ?

Options
Hi,

We are thinking of getting a new IKEA kitchen very soon and we were wondering if they have a January/xmas sale at all ?

Comments

• Networkguy
    Options
    John-c wrote: »
    Hi,

We are thinking of getting a new IKEA kitchen very soon and we were wondering if they have a January/xmas sale at all ?

Ikea sale starts on the 18th of December.

HINT:

Go on Christmas Eve morning.

We do this every year now as you can turn up at any time and get the parking space right next to the door as everybody else is rushing about getting ready for Christmas.

After all, who in their right mind would spend Christmas Eve at Ikea :rotfl:
  • throwa
    throwa Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Networkguy wrote: »
    Ikea sale starts on the 18th of December.

HINT:

Go on Christmas Eve morning.

We do this every year now as you can turn up at any time and get the parking space right next to the door as everybody else is rushing about getting ready for Christmas.

After all, who in their right mind would spend Christmas Eve at Ikea :rotfl:

Thanks! Our kitchen is falling to pieces, so Christmas shopping may have to be completed early.

Any idea as to what % reduction they put on the kitchen prices, so we have some sort of idea what we're letting ourselves in for? (We know it's still going to be shockingly expensive, just want to know quite how much!)
  • maggie21
    maggie21 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    Did you see B&Q are doing 50% off all kitchens, including carcasses? Starts Xmas Eve, may be worth a look as well, unless you have your eye on a particular one in Ikea.
  • anna76_2
    Options
    I am not sure but just got back from Ikea very quiet over there, no sale at all! I think this year is going to be not so greate for them.
  • andrew-b
    andrew-b Posts: 2,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    meigle21 wrote: »
    Did you see B&Q are doing 50% off all kitchens, including carcasses? Starts Xmas Eve, may be worth a look as well, unless you have your eye on a particular one in Ikea.
    ...and did you also see this thread : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1349771

....doesn't make it looks such a great deal when they've recently doubled the price!! As i said in that thread...it's worth doing your research before any "sales" as the deals may not be as good as they look!

Andy
  • dumbrill
    Options

Where have B&Q advertised this? I'd be interested to know where you got your 50% off info.
  • Mr_Proctalgia
    Options
    Ermmm... IKEA will be closed on Christmas Eve. :confused:

(and I really do know that mine is as I will be off work on a "Given Day") :D
    The quicker you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up...
  • Steve_the_fitter
    Options
    Be aware that Ikea kitchen units have no service void at the back of carcasses so you will either need an extra wide worktop ,or the person fitting it will have to put false backs on the units if your services are surface mounted (eg pipes running along the wall)
    Ikea kitchens are not bad for the price but all the shelf holes look very ugly though I guess the door is normally shut. Also get your sink elsehwhere as the Ikea sink wastes dont match upto normal uk fittings
    Try a local independant kitchen company or a fitter who supplies. Even if they only have an account with Howdens youll be getting a better kitchen for the same money
  • skellysgirl
    Options
    Ive had an ikea kitchen, was really quick and easy to put together and looks great, i like the fact that units and doors come in all sizes, as opposed to just 50 &100, its more versitile. i know b&q do other sizes but they come with higher prices too. I would defo buy another ikea kitchen

A big thanks to all the comp posters for their effort
  • blushingbride_3
    Options

thanks for this i'll be heading there!:) is it off all styles?
    :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport