Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fab cards CT. I love the jag one - very impressive!
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    great cards CT, i'm sure your son will love his chelsea card, especially as you've added his name to the team ;)

and the Jag card also looks great, well done! :T
  • Gemm85
    Options
    I've been a busy bunny this weekend making lots of mothers day cards, heres a few of my favourites!

0108.jpg
    0112.jpg
    0113.jpg
    0111.jpg

now I must get to work on a christening card, need to post it in the next few days so that it gets there in time.

Think I might try one of those pram cards that someone on here made a few weeks ago!
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon ladies :)

Fantastic cards everyone well done to you all.

I have just got home from home bargains, they have a pack of 1- lemon coloured cards and envelopes for 69p I picked some up cause they are nice and cheap and I will use 4 of them for mothers day, and then one for my daughters birthday, mums birthday and grans birthday :rotfl:

Hope it helps someone :)
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    CT19720 wrote: »
    Fabulous cards everyone, especially like the WTP one Bunbun. Haven't been around much this week as been decorating DS1 bedroom, whilst he was in France for the week. Have managed to make these 2 cards today though for birthday's next week. The Chelsea one is for DS1 and has most of the team names on and have added his surname to it - wonder if he will notice, and the second is for my childminders son, who is mad on cards.

Thanks to saveapenny for the jag decoupage, and for putting a link to wordle on a previous post, as this is what I used for the Chelsea card.

DSCF1691.jpg

DSCF1692.jpg

Really liked the decoupage effect of the Jag, as it is the first time I have done it. Big thanks to my OH for cutting them all out!

Fab cards, love your use of Wordle, that's brilliant (may have to nick your idea if you don't mind ;)).
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Gemm85 wrote: »
    I've been a busy bunny this weekend making lots of mothers day cards, heres a few of my favourites!

0108.jpg
    0112.jpg
    0113.jpg
    0111.jpg

now I must get to work on a christening card, need to post it in the next few days so that it gets there in time.

Think I might try one of those pram cards that someone on here made a few weeks ago!

Beautiful cards Gemm, I think my fave is the black and white one but love them all :D:D:D
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • Gemm85
    Options
    thanks rainmac, I love the black and white one too :)

now I MUST really get off here for a while and go and make that christening card... its just too addictive to sit here and look at craft websites lol ;)
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    CT19720 Fab cards :T :T I loved the football one, Well done to your hubby too for having the patience to cut out the decoupage for you. :T

Couldn't resist a quick go on wordel, it's great just need to have a proper look and get the sizing right.
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    Gemms Love your cards too,:T :T the purple one is my favourite.
    Did you use stitched paper for the black and white one? It looks really effective :T
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Options
    flourgirl wrote: »
    CT19720 Fab cards :T :T I loved the football one, Well done to your hubby too for having the patience to cut out the decoupage for you. :T

Couldn't resist a quick go on wordel, it's great just need to have a proper look and get the sizing right.

Thanks very much Flourgirl - I have really enjoyed doing these 2 cards. Re sizing on Wordle, if you print it straight out from the Wordle page, then it will be a whole side of A4. The only way for me to get it small enough for the card was to do a print screen, past it into paintshop pro, cut off all the bits I didn't need, and then save it as a jpeg file. Then go into word, insert a picture from file, and when it appears, you can drag it out to as big or small as you want. Having written that all down, it seems a lot of work, but it really isn't. HTH.
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport