Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    minimacka wrote: »
    Hi ladies ive nearly finished my book card so i thought i would show you what ive done, just to recap my mil wanted me to make one for her sil who is going to be 70 she was a hairdresser so ive incorporated a little bit into it. I havent finished the front cover because the photo i had doesnt show her smiling so i had got another photo from my mil and im going to do the front cover again. Luckily i hadnt stuck it down. Here they are they might be big because i cant get my photobucket to resize them, what do you think.

SDC11222.jpg
    SDC11223.jpg
    SDC11224.jpg
    SDC11225.jpg

mm

Wow, your card is beautiful :T
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • minimacka
    minimacka Posts: 777 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mary43 wrote: »
    ZL - I bet you're card will be beautiful -can't wait to see it:j

mimicka - love the book card. I'd love to have a go but it all looks a bit complicated - think I'd make a total mess of it...........lol:rotfl:

Mary like I said before it looks a lot more complicated than it actually is. Once you have mastered the folding then you are away, you just need to decorate it. If you want any help or even a template to copy then pm me and i will help you.

MM
  • rainmac
    Options
    Melissa, I'll have a look for you tomorrow, and for me of course ;). The warehouse opens every weekend but the last Saturday of the month they give you 20% off all full priced goods which is well worth having. I hardly ever go as it's far too tempting and it's about 20 miles from here. They do free tea/coffee and homemade cake so going to make a morning of it and meet a friend there for a catch up. Really looking forward to it but I've been stupid and have fallen over at the top of the stairs tonight (fell over a toy) and have fallen against a door frame - my whole body is sore and I feel very silly :mad: :o
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rainmac wrote: »
    Melissa, I'll have a look for you tomorrow, and for me of course ;). The warehouse opens every weekend but the last Saturday of the month they give you 20% off all full priced goods which is well worth having. I hardly ever go as it's far too tempting and it's about 20 miles from here. They do free tea/coffee and homemade cake so going to make a morning of it and meet a friend there for a catch up. Really looking forward to it but I've been stupid and have fallen over at the top of the stairs tonight (fell over a toy) and have fallen against a door frame - my whole body is sore and I feel very silly :mad: :o

hope you are OK rainmac. make sure you rest well this evening so you will be fighting fit for tomorrow - a warehouse full of craft stuff, free tea, coffee and homemade cake sounds perfect! have a good day!
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Options
    Minimacka what a fab card well done - you have inspired me to have a go for my friends birthday in March if I get a bit of time. I'll be well chuffed if it comes out as good as yours. The ribbons on the top are really pretty - do they do anything or are they just for show?
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • rainmac
    Options
    Here's my peek-a-boo card for OH for Valentine's Day...

IMGP3003.jpg

IMGP3004.jpg

IMGP3005.jpg

I bought a set of ready cut and scored boxes (£2.50 for 5) and then used papers with this month's Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine, a few buttons, paper flowers, ribbon and a red felt tip pen!

Have part done my male card for the challenge but I don't think I'll be able to get it finished until Monday.
  • minimacka
    Options
    CT19720 wrote: »
    Minimacka what a fab card well done - you have inspired me to have a go for my friends birthday in March if I get a bit of time. I'll be well chuffed if it comes out as good as yours. The ribbons on the top are really pretty - do they do anything or are they just for show?

They are actually just for show....
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

IMGP3003.jpg

IMGP3004.jpg

IMGP3005.jpg

I bought a set of ready cut and scored boxes (£2.50 for 5) and then used papers with this month's Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine, a few buttons, paper flowers, ribbon and a red felt tip pen!

Have part done my male card for the challenge but I don't think I'll be able to get it finished until Monday.

wow that is fantastic rainmac:T :T I love it! where did you get the pre scored cards from?
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • minimacka
    Options

IMGP3003.jpg

IMGP3004.jpg

IMGP3005.jpg

Rainmac thats really lovely :T

mm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family