You know you're too stingy when.........

My workmates were tidying out the rotten fruit bowl today after complaining there was a smell......made me wonder if it was me cause I decided to wait till tonight to have my bath as my granny always told me it was cheaper to wait till evening to heat water LOL

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
DFW 228 LONG H 68
DFD 2017 :eek:

Comments

• very funny... I thought you were going to say you took the smelly fruit home!!!
    The good you do comes back to you.
    DFW Long haul supporters No: 134
    ;)
  • angelflower_2
    angelflower_2 Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    damn, i never thought of that *goes off to find it*

ps. Please all write your 'You know you are too stingy when....' stories here and lets see how many we recognise in ourselves ;)
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • barnaby-bear
    barnaby-bear Posts: 4,142 Forumite

ps. Please all write your 'You know you are too stingy when....' stories here and lets see how many we recognise in ourselves ;)

You order the cheapest curry rather and than the one you want and the bill gets split 10 ways and you realise you've saved 20p and subsidised everyone elses....
  • barnaby-bear

Your friend who unknowingly earns half what you do offers you their discount vouchers as they have assumed you're in financial crisis because of your attitude to money and hint they will do whatever they can to help :o
  • tubbee2
    tubbee2 Posts: 147 Forumite
    you nip into Aldi for one item, buy 27 others whilst in there and carry your shopping out to the car rather than pay 3p for a plastic carrier bag and then have to find your car key without dropping all the stuff you've just bought! Still at least it amuses the passengers in the next car........
    Artificial intelligence - no match for natural stupidity
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I use the same teabag 3 or 4 times *cringes with embarrassment*

this thread is like DFW anonymous!:rotfl:
  • barnaby-bear

OOoooh my ex-colleague who has over the last 5 years missed out on 8k worth of promotions because he's the department joke because he was once spotted nicking bog roll and is known as bog-boy
  • immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You know you're too stingey when you put bag the 18p tin of beans... and pick up the 17p ones instead...
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • When you cancel a work meeting and WFH that day to save on petrol and parking!!! Naughty, naughty.....:o
    The good you do comes back to you.
    DFW Long haul supporters No: 134
    ;)
  • beer_tins
    beer_tins Posts: 1,677
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You only consider buying new clothes or shoes when most of yours have fallen apart and are beyond repair!

You spend most of your lunch hour walking to a cheap card shop and back because you find the clintons on the corner too expensive. (in my defence I go for a walk in most of my lunch breaks anyway)
    Running Club targets 2010
    5KM - 21:00 21:55 (59.19%)
    10KM - 44:00 --:-- (0%)
    Half-Marathon - 1:45:00 HIT! 1:43:08 (57.84%)
    Marathon - 3:45:00 --:-- (0%)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport