PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

did I hear right??

Options
Did anyone watch GMTV this morning??

I think thay were saying that tesco were not only going to start price matcing lidl but were going to cut the cost of basics by 50%/

DId anyone else hear this or was I dreaming :confused:

Comments

• dorry_2
    dorry_2 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    no, i think you heard right, it was on breakfast tv as well i think?:confused: /
    'If you judge people, you have no time to love them'
    Mother Teresa :D
  • 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Options
    I wasn't aware of this, but if it's true, then I'll be changing to tesco.

Anyone know when this is due to start?
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • Scarlett25
    Scarlett25 Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    I heard the 50p items will be that price till this sunday 29th June at Tesco and that Asda have things at 50p too.......but I don't know how long for.
  • Scarlett25
    Scarlett25 Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    Just to recap......another poster's done a "50p basics at Asda this weekend "thread on the 2nd page of this board........and there's info about it on the Grabbit board too!
  • 10past6
    Options
    Scarlett25 wrote: »
    I heard the 50p items will be that price till this sunday 29th June at Tesco and that Asda have things at 50p too.......but I don't know how long for.
    Thx Scarlett, I've no idea what Tesco 50p items are as I never use Tesco, the superstore is to far away, based on the OP, I thought this was something new Tesco were introducing, bit short notice if it finishes on Sunday.
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    I thought that Tesco were doing a bunch of things (about 40 items) at a low price and then publicising that against Asda's price. If Tesco are doing basic items cheap then I'll definantely get some myself. But not sure if they are.

I know 50p items are at Asda (none near me)....but not tesco...or yet anyway
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • Tashja
    Tashja Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looks like there will be a price war this weekend

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30400-1320249,00.html

I am in the middle of a Tesco and an Asda so might have to stock up on a few bits :)

T xx
  • 10past6
    Options
    Tashja wrote: »
    Looks like there will be a proce war this weekend

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30400-1320249,00.html

Why can't they keep these prices forever, if they can do it now, shows how much they've been ripping us off.

I just don't buy the “We're taking a hit” scenario, the comment at the end of that link is interesting.

• Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    10past6 wrote: »
    Why can't they keep these prices forever, if they can do it now, shows how much they've been ripping us off.
    Not necessarily... a supermarket that has a turnover on the scale of Tesco's can afford to do a 3-day loss leader promotion - it doesn't mean they can afford to do that consistently :confused:
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • veggielorna
    veggielorna Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Any idea what the 50p items are?

The article quotes - " It is going back to the basics like bread, eggs and butter and fruit and veg as well."

I can hardly beleive that they will be selling butter for 50p!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure