PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Save £££'s on dry cleaning!

Options
As this forum has saved me loads, I thought I would chip in and and pass on a tip of my own.

I used to pay £6.00 for each suit I dry cleaned and £2.00 per tie until I found that a local laundrette had a dry cleaning machine. I now do my own dry cleaning.

Three suits and eight ties only costs me £8.00 now!! A saving of £24.00 each time!!

The only down side is that I have to iron them myself, but most of the time the creases just drop out if you hang it while it still hot.

Check your local laundrette to see if you have a dry cleaning machine. You will save hundreds!

Comments

• Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    most local launderettes will usually do the drycleaning for you, mine does and I get it back creaseless and in a polythene cover, they charge a couple of pounds on top of the price,
    still loads cheaper than the big dry cleaning firms
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mine have one, but wouldn't know what to do with it? is it hard?
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    What about that stuff you can get for domestic dryers. Is that any good?
  • Mozilla_2
    Options

It's not difficult at all!

All you do is throw your clothes in the drum and put your money in...Just like a washing machine in the laundrette.

I've saved a packet doing this.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    right, going to give it a bash this saturday, will let you know how i get on. thanks.
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what do you put in it to clean it?? :-[
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    I tried those sheets you buy to dry clean at home, they were Ok, but not much like the real thing, it might be me though cos when I used those bounce sheets for the tumbly I found I got grease marks from them on the clothes.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    went on saturday, it was broke, so did it with the steam cleaner, worked a treat.
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    I've got one of those sort of kettle sized steam cleaners - is that any good for 'dry' cleaning? ???
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    is it the penguin one?? ;D yeah, thats fine, just steam gently and wipe with kitchen roof any spots off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure