Absolutely Free Cavity Wall Insulation

Good evening everyone, we are with Age Concern Powergen electricity only (we have no gas!) and if you are over 60 you can have cavity wall insulation on your home for nothing. You do not have to be on pension credit or benefits. We also understand that Scotpower are doing something similar, hope this may help someone to save on their fuel bills, as we shall be doing soon!! Regards oap

Official note

Powergen is doing free cavity wall insulation for the overs 60s or people on means tested benefits, tax credit or pension credit (you have to be a homeowner).

Powergen reckons that cavity wall insulation can cut your energy bills by up to £160 (based on a three bedroom semi-detached house) so it's worth a shot.

You can also get free loft insulation if you're on means tested benefits, tax credit or pension credit. You have to be a homeowner with no insulation or have insulation less than 25mm thick.

Both these offers are nationwide and run til 31 October 2005. Call 0800 479 0162 for more details.

Comments

• My mum has just joined powergen and got a leaflet through asking for £150 for cavity wall insulation!!!
  • Aries
    Aries Posts: 477 Forumite
    Hi skywalker,Im with Powergen I am having my cavity walls done next week.I dont claim any benefits apart from the basic pension,
    Tell mum to phone the number on the leaflet and tell them her age,thats what I did.she is entitled to this.
    Member of the £2 savers club.£320
    so far
    saving for Holiday :j

You are never too Old to learn new tricks.:rotfl:
  • i am with powergen

this morning i had a home assessment and as my husband is over 60 we will receive FREE cavity wall insulation

CALL 0800 479 0162

if you are over 60 to get FREE insulation

you just have to show proof of age when someone comes to make an assessment

you also arrange a password when you telephone ,so that you know assesser is genuine when he comes to your house

hope this helps
  • It should be stressed that, although the only requirement is for the house owner to be 60 or over, he/she must be a Powergen customer.
    "Some say the cup is half empty, while others say it is half full. However, this is skirting around the issue. The real problem is that the cup is too big."
  • NOWSE
    NOWSE Posts: 385
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As I already mentioned on another forum, Powergen presently have an offer where they will install cavity wall insulation any of their customers for £75. The same leaflet states that over 60s and those receiving a "qualifying benefit" can have it installed for free.
  • as a powergen customer i might be interested in having it done. can't find any details of the offer on there website? would it be £75 for a 3 bed semi?
  • If you go onto the website (https://www.powergen.co.uk) and click on Energy Efficiency at the top of the page and then click onto 'home insulation'.

Or you could ring the 'Powergen Energy Efficiency team' on 0500-201000 between 9am - 5pm Monday- Friday.

Hope that helps
  • Lisa45
    Lisa45 Posts: 89
    PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    My Mum just had the £75 cavity wall offer from Powergen done yesterday, she lives in Lincoln. The men turned up at 8am and by all accounts did a very good job. She says it was well worth the £75 and they left her with a certificate guaranteeing it for 20 years.
  • I had our 3 bed end terrace insulated about 5 yrs agof or about 300 quid (that was 200 quid off by a grant) and it has been excellent! makes a real difference, house is much warmer in the winter, fuel bills have definetly fallen! go for it!
  • HI all, Thje Government are backing a scheme, called "Warm Front" which will provide up to Gas Central Heating to the over 60s up to a value of £2500, and includes free maintenance and Gas Saftey Checks for 2 years, for the under 60s on benefits there are othere energy saving offers up to £1500. Although Im under 60. I arranged for my 80 yr old uncle to have a full gas central heating system installed at a cost of ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING. try it nothing to lose
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure