Store cupboard/meal plan question

Morning all! Well, as there was footie galore on last night (zzzzzz) I did an inventory of the cupboards, fridge and freezer. I want to try and spend as little possible on food when I am paid on 15th so want to make the most. Are there any pre-done lists that I can download and add my own foods into? I am hoping to make meal plans too to stick on the doors - not allocating a mel for each day but listing the meals so I can cross them off when they are eaten!

Does this sound sensible???
Kirsty, Taunton, xxx

Comments

• MrsB_2
    MrsB_2 Posts: 659 Forumite
    Sounds fabulously sensible to me PF. :D

There was a thread on here the other day about store cupboard ingredients, but think that was more about stocking in the basics. Still, might be worth a look. I'll see if I can find it for you - although very new to this linking malarky so bear with me!!
    I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are – Milton Berle
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    All sounds good to me. If you check the Cooking section of the MEGA Index you'll find some recipe sites listed at the bottom under "websites" On some of these you can put in some ingredients and they will offer meal suggestions.

Alternatively you could join the recipe thread and use "search this thread" (in the top right area) - click on advanced search... and in the search box put two or three (or more) ingredients and it'll show you all our recipes that have one or more of those ingredients in.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • MrsB_2
    MrsB_2 Posts: 659 Forumite
    I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are – Milton Berle
  • yay thanks guys!!!
    Kirsty, Taunton, xxx
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank you too - you're my thousandth!! :)

Just goes to show what a friendly lot you all are :D
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    http://organizedhome.com/printable.html

i use the menu planner here, i find its the best i've come across.

Hope that helps,

• squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What a great site! I like the six week Christmas countdown planner - Starts from October 23rd which would be a good time to give the non Christmas Thread readers a nudge!
  • Oooo thanks guys! Use Organised Christmas and home a lot but never spotted the meal planner! Just done mine and seem to have about 30 main meals and plenty of side bits so all I need are a few bits - Tesco shopping looking like about £55 including booze and a few luxuries!!
    Kirsty, Taunton, xxx
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It's a brilliant site isn't it? I have my household notebook sat on the top of my desk with all my planners inside it. It's been a bit neglected lately as life has been up in the air with DH's sickness leave and change of job but now things are settling down again I shall be back to being truly organised soon.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family