Budget Planner Online Version help thread

Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
Forumite
edited 10 June 2010 at 3:15PM in Site feedback

This thread is specifically so you can
Ask questions/discuss technical issues about the Online Planner

IMPORTANT. This is only for technical questions.

Alternative discussions

Discuss Budgeting in general
Discuss the Spreadsheet version
Read the article first.

If you still have any problems, then click reply to discuss below.
Alternatively ask questions about the
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: [email protected]

Comments

• Is there a OpenOffice version?
  • this budjet planner is highly reccomended, it worked for me and thats sayin something.
    No Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • I have Microsoft Vista which uses Works as an automatic programme to open up budget planner, but it is not recognised. I have uploaded Microsoft Office excel but still cannot open it. I have tried save as and changing the file type but still no luck. I really hate Vista.. can anyone help?

Thanks
  • I'm a bit lost on this site as it is very busy. I wanted to know how, when people reply, they have what their debts are underneath and how much they aim to pay off and if they are on target etc and then totals may be crossed out with a new total....how do they do that????:confused:
  • Hi All,

I haven't got around to posting anywhere else but stumbled upon this forum and thought I would reply where I could...

purdles - your operating system (vista) shouldn't cause you a problem. The fact that MS Works is your default program is what needs to be changed. If you have installed a proper copy of MS Excel you need to change the program that opens .xls files as default.

First off, I would suggest downloading the budget planner file again if you have been trying to (re)save it as different things.

Secondly, you need to change your program that opens .xls files. Forgive a non vista user, but I think it is something like this...

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Programs.
    3. Under Default Programs, click Make a file type always open in a specific program.
    4. Find the file extension (.xls) you want to change. Then, click Change Program.
    5. Select the program you want to use (Excel). If it’s not in the Recommend Programs list, click Browse to locate it (it’s probably somewhere under C:\Program Files\). Then, click OK.
    6. Click Close.

If that doesn't work, try googling "change default xls program in vista" (without ""). That should help!

munckinpie - I think you are simply talking about other MSE posters having a signature. To change yours, log in and click the 'User CP' link under the welcome message at the top of the page. Then on the left, click the 'Edit Signature' link and you can add what you like. This will then be added to the bottom of every post you make.

Hope that helps?!?!

Cheers

Corx
    "If you want to be a self made man, don't leave out the working parts"
  • bobito
    bobito Posts: 9 Forumite
    "Maintenance" is mis-spelled "maintenence" in the Online Budget Calculator (sorry to be a pain, but I can't help correcting .....:D).
  • Every time I try to enter any details in the budget planner it says its protected but when I try to remove the protection it needs a password which I dont know. Can anyone help?
  • suelizab
    suelizab Posts: 238
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    the password is 'money'
    old enough for my bones to feel the cold .
  • suelizab
    suelizab Posts: 238
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sorry, forgot to add that martin states the password is money when he talks about the budget planner .
    old enough for my bones to feel the cold .
  • This is my first post EVER on anything! I think I'm being particularly stupid, but I too cannot get into the Budget Planner. I've tried everything suggested in this thread - I'm a Vista user too. I just keep getting up that the file is password protected. How do I enter the password? I don't seem to be given the opportunity?

Many thanks:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport