A real work at home job

Options

Comments

• Glen0000
    Options
    firthjm wrote: »
    I think it went well tonight, cant wait for tommorrow night was a bit slow to get into but once it got going was fine.

don't know if we are allowed to talk about this but did everyone else find the training quite straight forward?

I am in my second week and to be honest I am worried about how "straight forward" the training is. The 1st week assesment last night was laughable. A trained chimp could have passed! I am very worried that I will not be fully prepared for taking calls. I have been reading several forms and the department we are working for is often slated for having under trained staff. I do feel that if they wanted trained IT professionals they would be paying a lot more than £6 an hour, but I do not want to feel a fool on the phone when a member of the public rings me.
  • gennah83
    Options
    Just wondered if anyone could help me. Ive been trying to attach my cv to my hirepoint profile but it says the file is too large even though my cv is only one and a half pages.
  • PaulK_3
    PaulK_3 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    How big is the file size? (Mb or Kb) as that is the size issue not how many pages.
    As to the simplicity of the training, this was week one, using KMS means they do not need rocket scientists on the phone. It was the same at BT, first section of training wasn't hard at all but by the end of the training you had a good oversight of the system you were supporting and the tools that you would be using to support that system.
    Too much knowledge can sometimes be a hindrance on resolving issues as there can be times where problems are over analysed and complex resolutions are suggested before the easy ones that may actually work better.
  • Glen0000
    Options
    PaulK wrote: »
    How big is the file size? (Mb or Kb) as that is the size issue not how many pages.
    As to the simplicity of the training, this was week one, using KMS means they do not need rocket scientists on the phone. It was the same at BT, first section of training wasn't hard at all but by the end of the training you had a good oversight of the system you were supporting and the tools that you would be using to support that system.
    Too much knowledge can sometimes be a hindrance on resolving issues as there can be times where problems are over analysed and complex resolutions are suggested before the easy ones that may actually work better.

I do appreciate what you are saying, but comments like these do worry me

"tier 1 being thick as ****"
    http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-broadband-help/15444-how-get-hold-sky-via-email.html

""pay peanuts, get monkeys". T1 leave a lot to be desired. This in fairness is probably not their fault but more likely to be lack of training / management support"
    http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-broadband-feedback/12692-why-sky-support-so-crap.html

Am very worried we are being thrown to the lions and that we will be dealing with a lot of angry and frustrated customers. Dealing with angry and abusive people has not been mentioned ONCE and I am sure it will be a major part of the job.
  • PaulK_3
    PaulK_3 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    Tier 1 can often be cannon fodder when it comes to support, yes additional knowledge is good but as Tier 1 you are only there to resolve minor niggles and anything serious goes to escalation.
    If you can resolve something yourself then great but it's not what you are there for primarily.
  • SomersetSBSaver
    Options
    Still waiting to hear from them after submitting my app on Friday. I am so impatient!!! Hopefully today!
  • yasmin911
    Options
    Could do without feelin like this right at the beginning of training... Seemed ok last night really, just a bit slow ,at the beginning, it's true. Looking forward to tonight Boots and Sarah? So are there alot of MSEs in our class? I think they should make themselves known:D
  • gennah83
    Options

Hirepoint say you can have up to 100 kilobytes. The size of my cv is 1,911 kb?! or 1.86mb.
  • carrie25
    Options
    Just had an email yesterday to confirm my training start date will be 1st October. Anyone else got the same date? Does anyone here know who we will be working for? I read a little while ago that it is Sky Broadband true or false?
  • Oliver27
    Options
    gennah83 wrote: »

Hirepoint say you can have up to 100 kilobytes. The size of my cv is 1,911 kb?! or 1.86mb.

Thats a very large CV mine is two pages of text and is only
    43KB, what format is your CV in? also have you put
    images in it or graphics?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills