Nerd, moi? OK, I'm obsessed..... Blog Discussion

Options
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's "OK, I'm obsessed..... nerd, moi?" blog. Please read the blog first, as the discussion follows it.

Read Martin's "OK, I'm obsessed..... nerd, moi?" Blog
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• 5hreek
    5hreek Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Martin - maybe the average speed / sat nav thing was one to keep to yourself?
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    5hreek wrote:
    Martin - maybe the average speed / sat nav thing was one to keep to yourself?
    Yes, perhaps she just wanted to talk about the weather......... but there again maybe not! :rolleyes:
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • southernscouser
    Options
    I think by calling yourself a nerd you are infact insulting us DFW Nerds! :rotfl:

But I can relate to the satisfaction your spreadsheet/graphs give you. It's the same as my debt sheet. Everytime a payment comes out of my account it gets noted on my document therefore there is a regular decreasing debt total. It's great for motivation.

What your excuse is though I have no idea maybe other than your a bit sad! ;):p
  • fishter
    Options
    Any chance of a link to the spreadsheet?
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    I have to join you in the nerd corner :o

No graphs to play with but I do jot down number of views on a thread as it goes into the tip then keep an eye on those numbers rising and rising as more of the email hits people's inboxes.

I went through one thread about reducing your package with NTL and worked out the average saving per year per user was £65 and once worked out the number of new people joining to say "yes please" for a book Martin was offering!

Proud to be a nerd :)
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    Options
    I have to join you in the nerd corner :o
    I suppose you use a pink pen too! So who can I talk to about the weather? :confused:
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    Options
    Dear Fran

I am sitting at home watching a recording of "Maria" from Sat night, with the MSG next to me as we haven't seen it and she says,

"Hello Fran. I can talk to you about the weather for the next few days, sadly its not going to be that good. After that though... who knows... i work with meterologists; for longer you need a climatologist and they can only give rough estimates..."
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    Options
    Ah the joys of Excel!

Have you got into pivot tables yet? If not be warned - you will barely be able to contain the excitement :rotfl:

(All those rolling averages did impress though :o )

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    jessicamb wrote:
    Ah the joys of Excel!

Have you got into pivot tables yet? If not be warned - you will barely be able to contain the excitement :rotfl:

(All those rolling averages did impress though :o )

Yeah I love pivot tables, my colleagues think I am really good at excel becuse I can do interesting things with the data we get on our customers...;)
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    fishter wrote:
    Any chance of a link to the spreadsheet?

I'm not sure which one SS refers to but you can find one here

another one is here

Hope this helps and for Fran and the MSG, its very wet and windy here tonight :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure