ASHP's and the maze of info

Options

Comments

• samtheman1k
    Options
    thills wrote: »
    Hi Fire Fox, I would obtain all the nescessar permissions, including local planning, which you need for any ASHP. Underfloor.. quotes are > £4K for 75m2 for a "thin" system. Too costly I'm affraid.

If you can wait a few months, all indicators are that ASHP are going to be a permitted development, as long as the noise is less than 45dB at 1m for neighbouring windows for 5mins, which should include most good quality systems.
  • paceinternet
    Options
    Does this (noise is less than 45dB at 1m for neighbouring windows for 5mins) mean 1m from the heat pump or 1m from the neighbouring window?

There are not many that can be less than 45 at 1m from the heat pump.

And where do you get that from so we can follow when it becomes "permitted development".
    Thanks
  • richardc1983
    Options
    It will be 1m from the heat pump as the distance from the the pump to the neighbours window will vary depending on individual properties.
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • clockworks_2
    Options
    Cardew wrote: »
    Since I posted the above, this was posted in the main ASHP thread.

I posted that thread! Super frustrated with the air source heat pump. I literally can't use it at the moment as it is so cold. It will only blow out cold air. I had it serviced 6 weeks ago and the engineer said it had no problems.

Am having to buy oil rads for the living room too now.

It's nice during the rest of the year but is pretty pointless as when you need it most it doesn't work.

It actually cooled down the room today by one degree instead of warming it up!
  • richardc1983
    Options
    How were your neighbours managing I mean are they keeping comfortable temperatures?

I can only hope the engineer didnt cause a gas leak and this could be why the system isnt working.

Can you measure the temperatures of the air blowing out of the unit, it should not be cooling the room down.
  • clockworks_2
    clockworks_2 Posts: 449 Forumite
    edited 21 December 2009 at 11:34AM
    Options
    one of them never has the heating on- kid you not on saturday he was in shorts!

One other said it was fine ,and another her system doesn't work full stop. She knows the same engineer i do and he is useless - just doesnt come out to help her.

Richard do you know anyone in Greater London that deals with the systems we have?

thanks
  • thechippy
    thechippy Posts: 1,938 Forumite
    Options
    clockworks wrote: »
    one of them never has the heating on- kid you not on saturday he was in shorts!

One other said it was fine ,and another her system doesn't work full stop. She knows the same engineer i do and he is useless - just doesnt come out to help her.

Richard do you know anyone in Greater London that deals with the systems we have?

thanks

Your system is almost certainly faulty. It is also not unknown for undersized systems to be installed either. Unscrupulous contractors / companies do it to keep the price down and win the job - I've seen it countless times. By the time the client realises the system is not performing as it should, they have been paid and are gone, or do little to help and just give excuses....
    Happiness, is a Kebab called Doner.....:heart2::heart2:
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    If the flat is new build, and you are an owner, you may have some legal recourse against the developer if the system is inadequate.

The NHBC or local Trading Standards office might be a good starting point.
  • richardc1983
    richardc1983 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 December 2009 at 7:31PM
    Options
    Cardews right, investigate the developers first as surely tehres some sort of warranty with a new house you have purchased?

I dont know of any one in the London area but will certainly post this for help on an air con forum that I regulary use... theres some good guys on there...

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=14
  • clockworks_2
    Options
    it was built 6 years ago - sorry i wasn't very clear. I gave Comer a call but they're closed till the new year.

The manufacturer of the unit i think have closed down as the website or any of their contacts details don't seem to work.

Will chase up management company tomorrow to see if that gets me anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure