🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

This Site and its revenue

Options
To discuss the About us page and the way this site generates revenue reply to this post.
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• wirm
    wirm Posts: 5,273 Forumite
    Options
    Just over £10,000 to the Tsunami appeal! Well done Martin!
  • Marigold123
    Marigold123 Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd like to say that I think the 'About the Site' page is a really well-written piece. It represents the site very well, and I applaud the way Martin has addressed the difficult issues of raising revenue to keep the site running in such an ethical way. I like his integrity and the way he insists on keeping all revenue related matters completely transparent. As someone else said on a related thread, it's an unusual thing to see in this day and age!

I think deep down we recognise honesty when we see it, and this is partly what makes his writing so compelling. (Ive not succeeded in catching him on TV yet.) Other reasons are the sheer usefulness of everything he writes, and a really nice sense of humour.

If somebody asked me, "Would you buy a used car from this man?" the answer would be an unequivocal, "Yes".

:)
    A penny saved is a penny gained
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Nice to be reminded to read this page again Andrea, thank you.

Do you think you could add in my new best pal, Abcon2 ?? :)
  • Tony_H_3
    Tony_H_3 Posts: 2,643 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Best of all it has also allowed me to set up the MoneySavingExpert.com charity fund. And one day, if the site keeps going, I dream of setting up a MoneySaving charity to aid those who need real help with their money and have nowhere trustworthy to go (a dream at the moment, but you never know).

This is a phenominal statement & probably why I warmed to Martin, The Team, The Other Board Guides, The Members (34,097) & Finally The Guests (I reakon there must be atleast 455,000). Have you notice how the guests seriously out number us!! :eek:

I will be seriously impressed when you pull this off Martin and am happy to be part of it as are the aforementioned..... :)
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    the facts and figures are astounding. Well Done Martin...... n co.

i tell everyone where i get my info, especially when i save money and they dont....... :D
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • wirm
    wirm Posts: 5,273 Forumite
    Options
    I missed that bit Tony, but I am very impressed Martin!
  • mp3pek
    mp3pek Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Martin is very entertaining, very helpful in his advice, totally open in what he does, and 100% ethical. How many people in the public eye can you say that about? As if that's not enough he generates thousands of pounds for charities. Not only that but he even lets the people that he helps, i.e. us, the money savers, choose which charities benefit.

Does anyone know the proceedure for Honours List nominations? If you think I'm joking then try naming anyone more deserving.
    Sometimes you're the statue, sometimes you're the pigeon.
  • Smudge32
    Smudge32 Posts: 373 Forumite
    Options
    Sir Martin Lewis? Well, the newsreader namesake is a CBE!
  • queensway_boy
    Options
    thats all brilliant and especially the charity money :):):):)
  • Marigold123
    Marigold123 Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mp3pek wrote:
    Does anyone know the proceedure for Honours List nominations? If you think I'm joking then try naming anyone more deserving.
    Try here.

It apparently takes quite a long time for it all to go through, but IMO it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.
    A penny saved is a penny gained
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family