Site Time wrong.

Options
Hi MSE Teams...apparently a number of members are reporting the site time is wrong...2 hours behind BST...any ideas guys...
:D

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1166361

Plans for 2009
1/ Get fit. 2/ Get my figure back. 3/ Get the MAN BACK! :kisses2::happylove
contrary to popular belief, I am all Woman.

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Have they checked their Date and Time Options? x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Ice_2
    Ice_2 Posts: 3,486 Forumite
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    Have they checked their Date and Time Options? x
    no idea...:confused:

Plans for 2009
    1/ Get fit. 2/ Get my figure back. 3/ Get the MAN BACK! :kisses2::happylove
    contrary to popular belief, I am all Woman.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    If this is what it says along the bottom of each page

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:53 PM.

then your settings are right, if it doesn't say that then you need to check your settings in your own UserCP

give or take a minute depending on how quick you read this :)
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    If this is what it says along the bottom of each page

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:53 PM.
    then your settings are right, if it doesn't say that then you need to check your settings in your own UserCP
    give or take a minute depending on how quick you read this :)

But what about if I am reading in two hours time? :confused:;) x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • mcphail
    mcphail Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone for their help.

The sign at the bottom of the page says all times are GMT + 1, then it give the time 2 hours behind the actual time.

So, looks like it is my own PC, but my other half checked that, and said it was OK. I will check it again if someone can tell me how to do it (not very technical!) CHeers!
  • mcphail
    Options
    Hello again - just thought iI'd give you an update, now that the clocks have changed!
    I have done nothing to my computer and the time is now correct on the forums. So, from being 2 hours behind since the clocks changed to go into Summer time, I now have the correct time. Anyone any idea why I had this 'blip'?
    Cheers
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Its not your computer but your settings on MSE. You can find them in your UserCP along the top bar then go into Edit Options, there you'll find Date and Time Options.

Presumably you are on GMT time zone and have automatically detect DST settings ticked? If not then it will go wrong again in March when the clocks change again :)
  • mcphail
    Options
    Thanks so much for that advice. I know I'm not the only one that has had this problem, so hopefully it will help others. :o
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    There is still something odd.:confused:

When I am not logged in the site and posting times are one hour ahead from GMT.

The forum says at the bottom of the page that all times are GMT +1.

However, when I am logged in my profile settings (GMT time zone and DST corrections enabled) correct this and all the times on the site display correctly.

So at least from my perspective the board itself in it's own settings has not corrected for the time change back to GMT.

Obviously when I log in my personal time settings override this.

Doesn't seem to be a problem with my system. The computer hardware clock is correctly set to GMT, and the timezone is set to UK GMT with daylight saving time corrections OK.

The same thing occurs in both Windows and Linux, so it is not a problem with some settings of my OS.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • mcphail
    Options
    I know what you mean - this is what confused me before. When I was logged on before, the time was 2 hours behind the normal time, but when I used the laptop, and wasn't logged on, then times were correct. I'm away to use the laptop now, and see what's happening there! :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure