What does "10GB monthly usage" mean?

Options
2»

Comments

• jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just go with o2/be for peace of mind, no worries about limits.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options

Please don't let the thread escalate into "which BB provide is better"! I'm sure there's plenty of threads about that already. I was only asking about download limits :rotfl:

It was you who wrote
    She's got a BT phoneline so I suggested she stick with BT for ease of everything. I also thought it might save her money if she got a phone / Internet contract with the same company.

It would be remiss of me not to correct your horribly misplaced assumption.

If you were doing the right thing by your "Nana" and looking for the "easiest and cheapest option" you wouldn't be continuing to look for information about the 10GB limit.

So that is why I have ignored all questions about it.

Look for something better. Don't get stuck on a single erroneous idea.

Her surfing patterns can change substantially over eighteen months and if she does get into things like BBC iPlayer you will have possibly lumbered her with BT overlimit charges.

So, don't be obtuse. Forget about BT Internet's 10GB limit and move on. ;)
  • Donnie
    Options
    Fire_Fox wrote: »
    She might as grannies tend to go to be early and awake at the crack of dawn, PlusNet's overnight doesn't finish until 8am. :T I don't know what BT charges, but PlusNet is £2 for an extra 2GB.

Am I losing the plot? My early post saying you don't need a BT line was directed at (I think your) post which said you need a landline. However that post is now below mine ... ????

Not having a BT line can complicate things further. Some numbers will have unexpected charges, short dial numbers won't work and if you want to change Internet provider, you'll be stuck.
  • mark987_2
    mark987_2 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    unless if she gets into torrent downloading or stuff like that it will be fine..but even when you watch youtube or other online videos it still counts as downloads if you are not aware of that..

hope this helped..
  • Donnie
    Options
    My girlfriend, who "didn't want broadband", started off with a 5GB limit, went from there to 20GB and then began to exceed that. Moved her to 50GB and then to 'Unlimited'.

Just because someone is a Grandmother doesn't mean she is old and 'doddery'. You get her 10GB and you may be limiting her experiences..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure