Parking near the O2

Options

Comments

• vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Parking at the NCP/Greenwich Council car parks is now £8 all day.
    The man without a signature.
  • BillTrac
    BillTrac Posts: 1,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There is a Sainsburys near the O2. Possibly 5 minutes walk. I parked there while my daughter and her friend were at the recent Westlife gig. Free and if you get a ticket( most unlikely) just ignore it.

This is MSE after al.
  • regulator_2
    Options
    Now £11 at NCP North Greenwich ... Anyone know of a cheaper place to park??
  • moneysavvy35
    Options
    Last time we went to the 02 we parked our car at the Odeon cinema Greenwich then got the bus to the 02 - takes literally 5mins. Not ideal if you just want to come n go straight, but its no hassle and the buses are very frequent. We parked from about 7 till 11pm with no problems.
  • dawn27
    dawn27 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    We always park in the NCP car park at the tube station, much cheaper than the O2 carpark
    last time it was £7 but we havent been there for a while
  • dawn27
    dawn27 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    just checked the NCP carpark and its gone up to £11 wow. still far cheaper than the £20 prebook or £28 on the day the O2 want
  • bartman100
    Options
    Do what i do, if i know when im going i book 1 cinema ticket for an adult to see a film as close as i can to the time i want to be in the O2. I then go to car park 2 or 4 and get 4 hours FREE parking. All i have to do is collect my cinema ticket then go to the parking office in car park 2 present my cinema ticket and get out for FREE! I went there last week, took the kids bought 1 Adult ticket to see Ice Age 4 paid £1.50 for ticket! This little trick was on a TV show, i've used it 5 or 6 times now without any problems. Look at the O2 website and click on 'the how to get here' link and go down to the cinema part!
  • APJ
    APJ Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Great tips folks, thanks. I nearly fell off my seat when I found out the 02 wanted £21 for pre-booked parking. Absolute rip off. The station sounds like a good option, particularly as we're likely to get there midday for a mooch around, so £11 is not so horrendous. However, would there be spaces? What with season ticket holders and other concert goers - would the non-event car parks get filled up?
  • noplams
    Options
    You can park at North Greenwich Tube station.
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    Options
    Park at the excel center and get the cable car acroos the river
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure