Help me reduce my o2 phone bill, PLEASE!?!

Options
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have been an o2 Online 100 customer since January, and have decided that I am simply not getting the best deal.

My free allowance is 100 minutes anytime any network and 500 messages for £25.

HOWEVER my bills range from anything bewteen £35 to £95 a month! :eek: This is mostly due to calling and texting my girlfriend (you know how they go on :rotfl: ) who is an Orange customer.

I have looked into how much allowance I actually use, and it seems on average I only use around half on my allocated text messages.

My question is this:

Should I attempt to contact o2 customer services and ask for more minutes and less texts now or wait until January when my contract is up?

Should they offer me a better deal now, are they likely to try and lock me into a further 12 months contract?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
£2 CSC = £50 (from 09/09/06)

Savings = £102 (YBS Account)

Comments

• gk172
    gk172 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Give them a call and go up to the 200 mins and see how your bills are with that tariff, im on the 200 mins 500 texts and what i dont use mins rollover handy as some months i talk more than others but its covered with whats rolled over and if 200 isnt enough just go up to the next one.
    The more i save the more i can spend:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • maniac886
    maniac886 Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    dogthomson wrote:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have been an o2 Online 200 customer since January, and have decided that I am simply not getting the best deal.

My free allowance is 100 minutes anytime any network and 500 messages for £25.

HOWEVER my bills range from anything bewteen £35 to £95 a month! :eek: This is mostly due to calling and texting my girlfriend (you know how they go on :rotfl: ) who is an Orange customer.

I have looked into how much allowance I actually use, and it seems on average I only use around half on my allocated text messages.

My question is this:

Should I attempt to contact o2 customer services and ask for more minutes and less texts now or wait until January when my contract is up?

Should they offer me a better deal now, are they likely to try and lock me into a further 12 months contract?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am sure you are on the online 100 tariff which is £25 for 100mins and 500txts and not the online 200 tariff

Have a look here for the various tariffs.

Are you on a sim-only deal or a 12month contract because you get more for your money with the sim-only deals plus they are one month rolling contracts.
    "He's a maniac, maniac that's for sure,
    He will kill your cat and nail him to the door" :eek:
    Murphys No More Pies Club Member #95
  • Tedrick_2
    Options
    WHy not upgrade the tariff to Online 400?

400 mins 500 sms, for £45

Thats 300 more minutes to help reduce your bill
    CPW Retail
    Previously
    3 Retail, DSGi Business, O2 Retentions, The Link Retail
    Any posts are not the views or stands of my company.
  • dogthomson
    Options
    maniac886 wrote:
    I am sure you are on the online 100 tariff which is £25 for 100mins and 500txts and not the online 200 tariff

Have a look here for the various tariffs.

Are you on a sim-only deal or a 12month contract because you get more for your money with the sim-only deals plus they are one month rolling contracts.

Sorry, you are indeed correct, original post now edited.

I am on a 12 month contract, ending in December.

Thankyou for the suggestions, TBH though Tedrick I still think £45 is too much, and in order to fit inline with my budget I'd like to get it down to £30. SO perhaps the online 200 is the way to go?
    £2 CSC = £50 (from 09/09/06)

Savings = £102 (YBS Account)
  • maniac886
    maniac886 Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    dogthomson wrote:
    Sorry, you are indeed correct, original post now edited.

I am on a 12 month contract, ending in December.

Thankyou for the suggestions, TBH though Tedrick I still think £45 is too much, and in order to fit inline with my budget I'd like to get it down to £30. SO perhaps the online 200 is the way to go?

Yes if £30 is your budget then that may be alright for you. If possible try and get ur gf to call you a bit more so your bills arn't so big.
    "He's a maniac, maniac that's for sure,
    He will kill your cat and nail him to the door" :eek:
    Murphys No More Pies Club Member #95
  • natschuff
    Options
    Hi,

The networks charge each other for calls going on to their network; Some networks are charged differently to others which is reflected in the "cost of calls to other mobile networks" - take a close look at threes tariff sheet and compare it to the rest (if interested).
    The best plan however (most drastic and slightly impractical) is to get onto the same network, eventually. Me & er'indoors had a similar issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure