30th birthday ideas for husband

Options
2»

Comments

• ellay864
    ellay864 Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's several places you can buy adventure days of various sorts...driving, flying, skydiving, shark swimming and loads loads more. I've used Red Letter Days and Virgin Experiences and both were great
  • mumOf2wonderfulkids
    Options
    ill be watching this thread with interest,

my DH turns 30 in july, and what with it being smack in the middle of july all the holidays are about 4 times the price than normal so i think thats out of the window!

ive booked us for a skydive the week after as he wants to do something different (it is also our wedding anniversary on his birthday hence me skydiving too!)

as to what else to get i simply have no idea. i was looking at a nice romantic hotel somewhere for 2 nights but thats like £600 just for two days! *ouch!*
    Can you see the mountains through the fog?
  • Bufger
    Bufger Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    you can rent a cottage in the lake district for really cheap if you book last minute. Some of them are 'Grand Designs' style places and are really swanky! Not just in the lake district but thats where i go for a few days off with my OH when we get stressed and its lovely. The last one just had a local pub, one small shop and loads of walking trails and that was it! it was brilliant and time stood still.

Let us know more about him, what are his hobbies/interests and types of holiday etc.
    MFW - <£90k
    All other debts cleared thanks to the knowledge gained from this wonderful website and its users!
  • Guinea_2
    Guinea_2 Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Some great ideas here. Here's some background:
    he's a HGV driver
    he enjoys snow boarding and speed cycling (both relatively new)
    used to be a footballer
    enjoys football and Formula One
    wants our son (who is 14 weeks old!) to be a Formula One driver
    would love to visit Australia or go on a snow boarding holiday (I would like to do the first but NOT the last!)
    Anything else you think would be helpful?
    :love:Baby Bump born 4th March 2010! :kisses:
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    visit to a dry ski slope?:p

my hubby wanted his nipple pierced for his 30th, thankfully when we got to the shop it was closed.:T He got me an emerald pendant for my 30th, which I still treasure, it's beautiful!

for his 40th he wanted to go to a festival for a weekend, so we went podpadding to T in the Park.:D

for my 40th we are cruising Alaska - but that's because he'd not had many inspired ideas and said I could go anywhere in the world on holiday for my birthday present. I had earlier asked to go see the Northern Lights (in Iceland or Norway, not Aberdeen), but DH said at £1500 it was a bit over budget so soon after our Christmas holiday.... bet the bank account wishes he'd said yes to the Northern Lights now! :rotfl:

What about a tattoo with the baby's name on it? Is he into body art?
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • xxlaurissaxx
    xxlaurissaxx Posts: 2,253 Forumite
    Options
    I have just done a Ferrari Driving experience today that I won off a radio station. It was amazing! :D I am not a big fan in car racing but may now be. If he's into Formula 1 then I'm guessing he would love this. Xx
    0/2013
    :beer:
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse&#64;moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL] :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Bufger
    Bufger Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    how about a weeks holiday near an indoor snowdome so he can go there for a few days? they even do little packages so you can have some freestyle lessons from some experts or just improvement lessons etc. You could just sit there and grit your teeth whilst you're bored but it'll only be for a couple of days and you'll make him happy :D
    MFW - <£90k
    All other debts cleared thanks to the knowledge gained from this wonderful website and its users!
  • scrivette
    scrivette Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    How about tickets to see next years British GP?
  • kms26
    kms26 Posts: 846 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

My hubby is 30 in September. After reading these threads for some ideas, i have decided to get him 30 presents :j a couple of big ones (expense wise) and lots of small things, all things i know he will like.

The good thing is you would be able to get 1 or 2 a week if need be.

This website is pretty good for ideas too http://www.giftgen.co.uk/gift-ideas

Hth
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport