Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour.

Options

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    edited 21 June 2011 at 10:28AM
    Options
    Seems like Endeavour was Appointed rep/tied agent to HFC at the time of your loan too.

If you go on the email address of Endeavour it is

colin.pryor@hfcbank.co.uk
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hamilton Transfer

http://hamiltontransfer.com/library/...cument.DOC.pdf

For example as listed.......

Household Bank Personal
    Loan Payment Protection
    13063 07/10/03
    Creditor Insurance Policies HFC Bank Limited 60 month term

Beneficial Loan Personal
    Loan Payment Protection
    13063bf 01/09/01
    Creditor Insurance Policies HFC Bank Limited 60 month term and longer

Beneficial Loan Personal
    Loan Payment Protection
    13063 Oct 2003

Beneficial Loan Personal
    Loan Payment Protection
    13063 Jan 2004

HFC Direct Loan Payment
    Protection
    92144 Nov 2003

Hamilton Direct Loan
    Payment Protection
    92144 Jun 02
    Creditor Insurance Policies HFC Bank Limited 60 months and longer

Hamilton Direct Loan
    Payment Protection
    91964 11.03L
    Creditor Insurance Policies HFC Bank Limited 60 months

And so on.

Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    Seems like Endeavour was Appointed rep/tied agent to HFC at the time of your loan too.

Yes I think so too.
    Have been doing lots of researching as well, thanks for your help as well Marshallka;)

http://www.competition-commission.or...nd_app_7_1.pdf

Vertical integration

1. Further, vertically-integrated distributors demonstrated that switching to an independent underwriter was feasible in practice. On 1 November 2007, HSBC, which had previously underwritten a proportion of its PPI business in-house, entered into a five-year agreement with Aviva (Norwich Union) to provide home insurance, PPI and travel insurance products for HSBC’s UK consumers. In addition, HFC, a subsidiary of the HSBC Group, sold its in-house underwriting business, Hamilton Insurance Company and Hamilton Life Assurance Company, to the Aviva group.8 This indicated that barriers to switching were not insurmountable and that the vertically-integrated distributors could switch to third party supply of underwriting services, given sufficient financial incentives.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options

If you go on the email address of Endeavour it is

[EMAIL="colin.pryor@hfcbank.co.uk"]colin.pryor@hfcbank.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Brill, thank you.;)
    I will send him an email today to see if i can get any info from him, and just been looking through some paperwork his name is on one of 2 of them for some reason??
  • di3004
    Options
    I understand that HFC/HSBC sold Hamilton over to Direct Group, but when contacting them by email, they cannot connect any relationship - Click to Hamilton, as stated on the email posted as one of the above posts, they do mention HFC though.
  • di3004
    Options
    http://www.creditfinancecentre.co.uk...insurance.html

hamilton%20insurance.jpg

HAMILTON INSURANCE
    The Hamilton Insurance companies was established in the early 1980's. They provide a range of creditor insurance products to various insurers, credit card companies, nance co's , banks & mortgage providers.

In 2007 Aviva Life Insurance completed the acquisition of Hamilton Insurance Company Ltd and Hamilton Life Assurance Company Ltd from HFC Bank plc ("HFC"), a subsidiary of HSBC Finance Corporation.
    Hamilton Insurance underwrites plans from numerous Companies - including plans from Synergy Protect Insurance.
    As announced from 4/2008, the Aviva Life Insurance brand will become dominant as they decide to drop the 200 year old Norwich Union brand. Norwich Union had merged with CGU, which itself was formed from the merger of General Accident and Commercial Union in 1998. Upon merging they formed CGNU Life Insurance Group which went on to become the Aviva group.

Hamilton Insurance Ltd currently offers various protection policies including Mortgage Loan & Income Payment Protection Insurance (MPPI). Mortgage Protection Insurance ASU protects people from falling behind with their mortgage repayments with unemployment redundancy cover.

Looking in 2011 to compare Hamilton Life Insurance against other Uk Insurers

> Need a Competitive Life or Critical Illness Insurance Quote ?

Article on:Hamilton Insurance ~ for more information visit.www.aviva.co.uk*
    ( * Note: You are now leaving the regulated site of Uk Life Insurance Quotes. Neither ourselves, nor Sesame Ltd, is responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the linked site.)
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    edited 21 June 2011 at 12:18PM
    Options
    Just noticed a "new" Click Finance Limited has started up in April last year. Nothing (as I know to that is) to do with Click Financial Limited/Click Finance Limited but they must have liquidated and paid all up if the name has been sold on. Pity the poor sods that have used it.

Its address is southend on sea. Essex

http://bizzy.co.uk/uk/07210941/click-finance

BUT nothing on companies house webcheck??? Edit, I have found it as new company......!!!
  • di3004
    Options
    Just noticed a "new" Click Finance Limited has started up in April last year. Nothing (as I know to that is) to do with Click Financial Limited/Click Finance Limited but they must have liquidated and paid all up if the name has been sold on. Pity the poor sods that have used it.

Its address is southend on sea. Essex

http://bizzy.co.uk/uk/07210941/click-finance

BUT nothing on companies house webcheck??? Edit, I have found it as new company......!!!

Strange that, I was searching yesterday as well on Company Search and nothing came up.

Blimey so they've done it again then, closed one and opened another, how many times have they done this now I wonder?
    Bet its still the same director as well.
  • di3004
    Options

OMG!:eek: I know they do it, but it seems so wrong doesn't it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport