Options
2»

Comments

• nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    neil0491 wrote: »
    I'm seriously looking at leasing a car this summer, I need to look at the 'pros' and 'cons' of course.
    Any advise or websites please let me know

Search on here for 'lease' or 'leasing', there's loads of previous discussions.
  • Lemonade_Pockets
    Options
    deadhac wrote: »
    May i just ask a question along the same subject. i recently accepted an offer for a graduate job with an large accountancy firm starting in september. as part of their benefits package there is an option to lease a car from them. the prices include breakdown cover and insurance etc. i understand they have a very wide range of cars to choose from, but i have no idea what sort of price range they are. At the moment i am a student with no no-claims and am trying to work out if leasing will be more cost effective than buying a car outright.

Thanks for any help

I'd wait until September and asses the situation, the financial world is changing rapidly atm. PWC (a wild guess) and the other big guys are starting to show signs of having a bit of a trimming down session.
    If your after a new car and they are still have the same benefits on offer in Sept then you will probably find overall their package works out relatively cheap.
  • macko
    Options
    nickmack wrote: »
    IMO, you should really start a new thread about this. However, the point of being the guarantor is if your ex is not willing/able to pay the lease, you are obliged to make the payments.

Only two avenues I can think of...

Firstly try and get your ex to pay something towards it. From your post, it seems he is still using the vehicle, so try and get him to cough up, especially if his name is on the paperwork.

The other option is speak to the lease company about terminating early.
    There will be some payment to make, but it might not be as much as the total of remaining payments.

im using the car because he wont pay a penny towards it and doesnt want anything to do with it and ive contacted the lease company to be told that if i were to hand the car back, i would still have to pay the full amount outstanding to the end of the agreement or i hand the car back and get an IVA. ive looked into swapping/selling a lease..has anyone done this? is it a good idea?
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :spam: :spam: :spam:
    ali_786 wrote: »
    For excellent rates on a Brand New car on lease - contact www.amafinancing.com or Ali via [EMAIL="sales@amafinancing.com"]sales@amafinancing.com[/EMAIL]

Prices are extremely competitive with specifications to suit your need.

Short term and long term leases available
  • Mark_Hewitt
    Mark_Hewitt Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    Options
    My fiancee is thinking about leasing for her next car. I don't claim to fully understand it but as she is self employed and uses the car for her business I believe that car lease payments are claimable against tax, whereas finance payments are not!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure