Have you saved money? Want to tell the world?

Options

Comments

• shannonkyle
    Options
    I have saved $30 by getting my favorite bag from the Orla Kiely bags Sale. I am so happy.
    Orla Kiely bags
  • DONALD
    DONALD Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I took Martin's advice as I do on many things, and saved a dramatic £60.00 plus per month. I switched to EDF

Thank you Martin.:j
  • DONALD
    DONALD Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I claimed on my Nationwide Visa Credit Card when a company automatically took money. Nationwide were excellent, they cancelled the card, stopping it happenng again and asked me to prove I only asked and paid for a trial. I proved this and they put the money back on my card.

Thank you Martin, I always use my credit card for items that requiire a guarantee or like this stuaton when I don't know the company.:j
  • Marinabrian
    Options
    i save a settled count each month
  • arkonite_babe
    Options
    I went to vision express on Thursday to get my eyes tested and pick new glasses. I managed to pull off a cracker deal ;)

Here's the breakdown........

Eye exam £20
    Retinal Scan £10
    Frames £19
    Lenses £ 81
    Wipes and drops for dry eyes £ 14.50

Total £144.50

Discounts
    Fees discount £20
    Discount on goods charge £25.02
    Discount on dispensing services £74.98

Total price to pay.............. £24.48!!!!!!!!

I saved on my lenses and frames as there was a special offer on the ones I picked. They should have been £100, but were on special at £29, the rest of the discount came as Vision Express offer discount to NHS employees (which I just happen to be ;) )

To say I'm a totally happy money saver is an understatement!

To top it all off, I earned Nectar points too, wheeeeeee! :D
  • wendysetter
    Options
    Hi all I am new to this forum and wish I found it a year ago! I started the £5.00 a day September challenge and I have saved £1174.00 in the last 24hrs!!!! I challenged Sky changed providers and used discount vouchers :T thankyou all and I aim for £5 tomorrow. :rotfl:
  • Dar3n
    Options
    Hi have just saved 10% Off A new coat from Moss with a voucher code from a website i have started using called Voucher Mole. You have do these things with the cost of living going up and voucher codes are free, so its always worth a look before you buy to see if there is a code available, try and save as much as you can guys, times are tough
  • Salazar4
    Options
    i've saved £100,keep going
  • ada1988
    ada1988 Posts: 360 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    i have just save 1000RMB,and I gave them to my mom,she said she will save it for me.
    I have just go to work,saving money is a hard thing.
  • Thamesmeadhammer
    Options
    Just saved £80 on my contents insurance after 10 minutes work and free phone call.
    Thing is it's with the same people "Barclays" who after I rung them only offered a £20 discount and £20 M & S but I went online and got extra items like legal cover, burst pipes cover etc....
    All thanks to MSE !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport