AC Nielsen/Fact Finders - Don't Bother!

Options

Comments

• bex2002
    bex2002 Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    i was with them but the scanner never worked ( connected through to them) after calling several times ( lost count in the end) was finally told that i needed to turn off my internet overnight for it to work. gave up after that as we need the internet 24/7.
    £27.76/£2018 in 2018
  • Lickul_miss
    Lickul_miss Posts: 1,552 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all just joined Nielsen, probs should have read this thread 1st lol, how do i join shopandscan instead? thanks xx
    ♫♫♫"Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy!"♫♫♫
  • elliethecat
    Options
    :TI have been scanning for a couple of years now. I don't find it particularly time consuming and I have never had a problem with it. By scanning I now have a lovely food processor, an electric can opener, some really good pillows and have almost accrued enough points for the perfume I am coveting. I am happy with it, my scanner sits quietly in its corner and I consider it virtually money for nothing.
  • sleepyfrog
    sleepyfrog Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 January 2010 at 4:11AM
    Options
    I've been with Fact Finders for about 10 years - in that time I've had pillows (4 sets), duvets (2), bed throw, coffee table, pans (2 sets), 2 kettles, various kitchen items, scales, baby monitor, carry harness, various toys and other bits - as well as winning a Skoda Fabia car in 2005 from their monthly prize draws.

So it depends on what you consider worth it - I do get fed up sometimes doing it, but then again I would never have had a new car in my life. And while the gifts are more 'expensive' than buying them, the point is that I've never had to - and I've always found the quality excellent.

The last thing I ordered was a baby monitor - but the one in the catalogue was no longer available so they sent me a much better and more expensive alternative for the same points.

Overall I'm happy to continue.

Update: this post reminded me I haven't redeemed my points for a while, so have just ordered a very nice laptop bag and a cd player for my daughter's room. OK - it took a about 18 months to build up the points but would still have cost me £85 if ordering from the cheapest online stores. I needed a laptop bag, and if I had to buy one I would have just plumped for the cheapest possible - whereas now I will have a nice Timberland one!
  • jules888
    jules888 Posts: 552 Forumite
    Options
    This thread brought memories back from years ago when i did something similar.So glad when i stopped doing it!Awful having to scan everything i bought and box thing making a noise every night.I got one cheap thing with the points i had at the end.Would never do anything like it again.Much prefer other things now!
  • kinkladze
    kinkladze Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I too am getting a bit fed up of AC Neilsen and was thinking of quitting - just waiting for a decent amount of points to cash out for a decent item. the time you spend doing it and the time it takes to get the poins just doesn't seem worth it (unless you are sleepyfrog)

Can someone let me know how to join Shop & Scan or others - any invites would be appreciated.

Cheers.
  • joe13
    joe13 Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    Am unable to download this week - keep getting failure message. Anyone else have problems sending.
    thanks
  • vyle
    vyle Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    Options
    My scanner arrived last week. I haven't even used it and I'm sending it back. The base unit makes this unholy buzzing sound, it kills my internet connection and causes really bad interference on the line. Seeing as I NEED the internet, it's not worth it.
  • Lickul_miss
    Options
    Well my scanner never arrived so saved me a job of having to send it back do i need an invite to the shop&scan? could some1 please send me an invite thanks x x x
    ♫♫♫"Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy!"♫♫♫
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well my scanner never arrived so saved me a job of having to send it back do i need an invite to the shop&scan? could some1 please send me an invite thanks x x x

You cant be invited to shop and scan, you have to register your interest at www.volunteer4panels.com

Dont hold your breath though as I have been registered with them for 4 years and never heard a thing :(
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure