Money off coupon 'chat' thread

Options

Comments

• sinw
    sinw Posts: 7,771 Forumite
    Options
    Been buying Cheese from T's

Cathedral City buy one plus small 2p block from the deli - use £1 wys and price check so £1 in end (£2 Asda)

Going buy muller yogs 6 pack next £2 t A £1.50p use Yog Wys
    SIMPLES!
  • mickey.p
    mickey.p Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had various issues in Boots today - I've never used coupons in there before but they made it very uncomfortable to do so!

They had some Always on offer (the ones that were BOGOF in Tesco!) for £1.00 a pack - I tried to buy 2 but they said only one per transaction. Not a huge issue as I could buy seperately but I also had 3 Olay Wipes that were on 3 for 2 £2.49 each so £4.98 for the 3 and then I had the 3 x £1.00 coupons which would make them £1.00 a pack but they wouldn't allow me to use more than 1 coupon. I can understand the 3 coupons not being allowed but as I was actually paying for 2 I should have been allowed to use 2!!!

They were really snotty about it too so I feel a complaint coming on!
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 March 2012 at 6:34PM
    Options
    Mickey, Boots will only ever accept one coupon, even if you have 3.items, three coupons. Especially if there is a promotion on, ie 3 for 2.

Boots have programmed their tills so only certain combinations can be used. Ie one different coupon for different coupons.

Oh and you will find certain SA treat you like a criminal for using them. There are nice SA too.
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    simone10 wrote: »
    page 34 of todays Metro has McDonalds vouchers again
    The on-line version has it in PDF format
    http://e-edition.metro.co.uk/2012/03/08/
    expiry of 14th May 2012

Can these vouchers be used in Northern Ireland and can the vouchers be printed?
  • mickey.p
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    Mickey, Boots will only ever accept one coupon, even if you have 3.items, three coupons. Especially if there is a promotion on, ie 3 for 2.

Boots have programmed their tills so only certain combinations can be used. Ie one different coupon for different coupons.

Oh and you will find certain SA treat you like a criminal for using them. There are nice SA too.

Don't I know it - I went to another one tonihgt and although they were nice and polite they had to mess about to - I had to pay for quite a few things seperately and opt for not buying other things as without the combined offers they weren't really worth it!

The bit that annoyed me is that the Advantage point machine gave be a 25% off Shampoos coupon and it displayed no exclusions on the machine or coupon yet it wouldn't go through the till as it was a BOGOF!

Seriously annoyed - I was at the checkout for 20 minutes whilst everything was checked and I had to do 3 different transactions. :mad:
  • shopndrop
    shopndrop Posts: 3,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the new coupon thread BT and MT for keeping it up to date.
  • catlou
    catlou Posts: 679 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has managed to get more than 1 Free Cadburys Bubbly in a single transaction?

I have 2 vouchers here and wanted to use them both at the same time with my weekly shop? Unsure if the Tesco computer system will allow?

Thanks! :)
  • simone10
    simone10 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    Can these vouchers be used in Northern Ireland and can the vouchers be printed?

If you click the link and go to page 34, then enlarge the vouchers so you can read the coupn T&C's.

If you think they are of use to you. use the PDF converter on the tool bar on top right
    The end is nigh
  • dasophster
    dasophster Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    I asked on SSM fb page regarding some people being able to print differing numbers of MOCs from one sticker and they replied that they had instructed their programmers to make it only print ONE MOC altogether from each sticker, so it's being able to print anymore that is an error xx
  • mickey.p
    Options
    I eventually used some boots coupons on Femfresh and Always yesterday - the Femfresh worked out at 70p after coupons but Always were free!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure