Mortgage Exit Fees successes and failures

Options

Comments

• rayprit
    Options
    Just called the Halifax and asked them about my repayment fee.
    I settled my mortgage 4 years ago and could not remember how much it was, so I used your template . They asked all the questions from the template and I answered with the replys on your template. No problems, they opened a case file and would be in touch. I received notification from the Halifax today that a cheque for £175 will be with within the next 10 days. Thank you very much for your help, your a bloody marvel
  • littlemr
    littlemr Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 2 April 2012 at 8:55PM
    Options
    Took out ppi 8 years ago with mortgage. I was self employed but adviser put me down as employed to save paper work and did not explain terms and conditions that i would have to shut business to claim is this mis sold
  • Rocket03
    Options
    Hi, with just one telephone call following your script I am delighted to say that we have received a letter today stating that we are to be paid £60 as a refund for overpayment:j. Thanks very much.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Took out ppi 8 years ago with mortgage. I was self employed but adviser put me down as employed to save paper work and did not explain terms and conditions that i would have to shut business to claim is this mis sold

If you dont shut down the business then you are not unemployed. Shouldnt need to explain that as it is common sense. However, this is not the thread to discuss it as this is for an unrelated issue.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • allyjm
    allyjm Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks put a letter in last week to the Yorkshire Building Society , got a cheque this morning for £105.50, still waiting for a response from the RBS in another case:beer:
  • pud23031969
    pud23031969 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 4 April 2012 at 3:50PM
    Options
    Rang c and g on friday about my exit fee when i changed my morgage in 2006 got a letter on monday saying yes i had been over charged 170.00 and it was put in my bank on the tuesday cant believe it so quick but would have never known if not for martins tips brilliant
  • Kaza_6
    Kaza_6 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    posted the letter to Lloyds TSB last friday, letter received today confirming cheque £281 on the way. Fantastic.
  • sharon41
    Options
    thanks for this notification about this
    Applied to SKIPTON last thursday and got A check to day for £130 ,wich will help pay for my bill.:j
    Couldn't beleave it thanks again for this guys :money::beer::T
    :A:rotfl::T
    i also applied to Lloyed TSB at the same time still waiting to hear from them
    !
  • sharon41
    Options
    ******forgot to add that i NEVER got my intreast back from skipton*****:o
  • Emm_Sea33
    Options
    Read this and phoned up C&G (our old lender), they said they'd had LOTS of calls that day because of MSE...

Checked the post this morning and there on the mat was their cheque for £170!

Thanks for the tip off :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport