Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TSB have increased the rate on their monthly saver to 5% see

http://www.tsb.co.uk/savings/monthly-saver/
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • GreenBitterfly
    Options
    anna42hmr wrote: »

Thanks for pointing this out, will be opening one shortly! Work gets in the way!
  • ernie-money
    ernie-money Posts: 815 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 July 2015 at 9:45AM
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    Not for man months (6+) now
    If I'd realised I would have opened it a long time ago! I just read the info at the beginning of this thread:

Special conditions: Must hold a current account with HSBC and the standing order must come from that account. If you pay in less than £250 per month then you can make up the extra amount in future months - your maximum balance goes up by £250 per month. For a version of this account which requires a current account that does not have a fee, see below.

and assumed it carried a fee. Guess the monthly pay in requirement isn't up to date either then.

Edit: I just read my post & realised it sounds rather negative - that's not how I meant it, just pointing out that the info needs updating! I really appreciate the info in this thread - thanks a lot Special Saver!
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
  • afmfifgh
    afmfifgh Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great to see TSB bucking the trend and actually increasing rates. Shame it is only one per person and not one per current account but at 5% you can't complain too much I guess.

Thanks for posting about it anna42hmr
  • saintalan
    saintalan Posts: 562 Forumite
    Options

Well that was the easiest banking transaction ever!

Logged on>select the a/c>tick T&C - returns acceptance and a/c number. Set up SO.

Well done TSB & thanks anna.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If I'd realised I would have opened it a long time ago! I just read the info at the beginning of this thread:

Special conditions: Must hold a current account with HSBC and the standing order must come from that account. If you pay in less than £250 per month then you can make up the extra amount in future months - your maximum balance goes up by £250 per month. For a version of this account which requires a current account that does not have a fee, see below.

and assumed it carried a fee. Guess the monthly pay in requirement isn't up to date either then.
    But the last bit of that paragraph read: 'Advance account now available free of charge - see post 2895.' And the monthly payment info is also still current.
  • ernie-money
    ernie-money Posts: 815 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    But the last bit of that paragraph read: 'Advance account now available free of charge - see post 2895.' And the monthly payment info is also still current.
    I stand corrected again! I was thinking about the monthly funding requirement for the current account, not the monthly saver - derr... And I didn't read any further when I saw the bit that said see other post for version that doesn't carry a fee.
    Sorry!
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

Good news and good spot.
    Stupidly easy to open as an existing current account holder.

:T :beer: :T
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ctdctd wrote: »
    Good news and good spot.
    Stupidly easy to open as an existing current account holder.

Are you able to transfer the 1st payment to the account immediately?

I can't see how to do this - setting up a standing order only seems to be available from tomorrow..

Regards
    Sunil
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Payments must be made by SO. Earliest you can get an SO done (from TSB or other bank) is tomorrow.
    2.1 You can only pay money into the Account by your Standing Order

http://www.tsb.co.uk/savings/monthly-saver/monthly-saver-terms-and-conditions.pdf
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure