ryanair

Options
I booked and paid for a return flight on the 27 feb.2015 to depart 8 april 2015 with ryanair.

On the 7 april I was informed by ryanair that the flight was Sold Out.
No alternative flights are available for me to attend a 40 wedding anniversery on sat 11 april.

What can I do:mad:

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,549 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ryanair do not overbook flights so if you booked and paid for the flight direct with Ryanair on the 27th Feb, you will have a booking reference and a confirmed booking.
    Did you book direct? Do you have the confirmation? Is the flight actually still operating?
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,999 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    French air traffic control strike tomorrow (8 April) and Ryanair have cancelled a lot of flights for this reason.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    Ryanair do not overbook flights so if you booked and paid for the flight direct with Ryanair on the 27th Feb, you will have a booking reference and a confirmed booking.
    Did you book direct? Do you have the confirmation? Is the flight actually still operating?

Hi Caz,

I've often wondered if airlines 'overbook' with the anticipation of passengers not turning up, can you name and shame any that do? I must admit I thought they we're all guilty of that shady practise.

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    French air traffic control strike tomorrow (8 April) and Ryanair have cancelled a lot of flights for this reason.

Might be busy in Dr Watsons surgery then, but obviously no claim under EC261
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,549 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 April 2015 at 10:17PM
    Options
    I guess the OP must have misunderstood when they were told the flight was "sold out" (I did find that odd, even the airlines that overbook usually get away with it with no-shows so would not proactively cancel as they would not know for sure until the gate closes if everyone has turned up)

OP, what is your route? If your flight is cancelled due to the French ATC strike and you are travelling somewhere that no airline is operating due to the strike, there is probably little you can do apart from accept refund

is your flight listed here http://www.ryanair.com/en/travel-updates/
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Caz,

I've often wondered if airlines 'overbook' with the anticipation of passengers not turning up, can you name and shame any that do? I must admit I thought they we're all guilty of that shady practise.

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

I think in general that legacy carriers overbook and the LCCs don't. Presumably the different business models make it worthwhile in one case and not the other.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure