IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Flow Chart

Comments

• da_rule
    da_rule Posts: 3,618
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sorry for bumping this back up, but I've made some changes to the chart (covering IPC members etc)

PCNAppealroute_zps7f8e6941.jpg

Hope this is of help, if anyone has any suggestions/feedback then let me know.
  • ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    Some feedback for you - all the OP's I've given this link to have found the flowchart very useful.

Just one little suggestion - I spoke to POPLA a number of weeks ago about the character limit and they advised in addition to the wording of "please see attached appeal" you have included they advised stating the actual filename too.
  • Can I ask - when posting the PCN appeal, why not post it as signed for? I have already done this to a PO Box address, was a bit worried but the post office assured me it was fine. I did check the digital receipt and it has been signed. Great flow chart though, thanks.
  • da_rule
    da_rule Posts: 3,618
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The advice is not to send signed for because the Interpretation Act sets out that unless proved otherwise post is deemed as received in the normal course of posting. The signing for gives the PPC's an option to reject the letter/sign for it later if they collect from a Sorting Office etc, thus meaning they can prove that they did not receive it in time.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,105
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    broccolli wrote: »
    Can I ask - when posting the PCN appeal, why not post it as signed for? I have already done this to a PO Box address, was a bit worried but the post office assured me it was fine. I did check the digital receipt and it has been signed. Great flow chart though, thanks.

Here's a classic example as to why not to use 'signed for' to a PPC:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4918987

:(
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AMC_1970
    AMC_1970 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Hi, recently found this having appealed to POPLA who now say that my appeal was unsuccesful and I need to pay Parking Eye £85 within 14 days, any help would be gratefully accepted.

In short I visited a car park pre christmas first 45 minutes free, I stayed 1 hour and 2 mins and did not have a valid ticket as the ticket machine I tried to pay at was 'Out of Order'............ Do I now need to pay?

Thanks
  • Dont hijack threads
    No you dont. Just wait for the court claim
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    Please could you start a new thread and show us your POPLA appeal ?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • Hi thanks for the info....new to this how do I start a thread???
  • Apologies I had not realised I was hijacking a thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure