HOME BARGAINS finds thread 5

Options

Comments

• geordielass
    Options
    Just bought a pack of Dizolve non-bio concentrated washing powder sheets. Pack of 20 for £1.29......£5.90 on Amazon. They also had a pack of 12 for 99p. Fresh cotton or Lavender flavour. Just a sheet soaked in washing powder which disolves in the wash.

Only three reviews on Amazon but they are all positive. If anyone gets them it is recommended you put the sheet on top of the washing near the back.

Looking forward to giving these a try.

Also 375g box of Frosties for 99p.
    He who smiles rather than rages is always
    the stronger
  • Timpanally
    Options
    Hi Geordielass. I found these last year at a similar price and had mixed results with them. It looked like the sheets didn't dissolve completely so I ended up with what looked like little bits of paper sticking to washing after the cycle had finihsed (easy enough to pull off, though). And I didn't overload the machine (anyway, I don't think I did). So I didn't go back and strip the shelves of every last packet.

Would be interested to hear how you get on with them!
  • geordielass
    Options
    Thanks for that Timpanally, if I end up with little white bits then I will know it's not me overfilling the machine, that would have been the first thing I would have thought of. Just about to put a load in, will let you know how I get on.
    the stronger
  • geordielass
    Options
    Washing done, only one dark jumper had residue on it so has to go back in. All the other stuff, dark towels and socks were fine. Shame there was no scent on the washing but I will use them again. I think they are very handy to have in case I run short at any time.
    the stronger
  • Westywoodpecker
    Options
    Found today The gifted company huge storage bags (made from recycled bottles) for 99p instead of £4.95. Good for Aldi/Lidl :D

Also The gifted company tee towels for 99p too!
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker :)
  • gingerwirks
    gingerwirks Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 20 January 2014 at 4:42PM
    Options
    :)Allinson 1.5kg bags of plain and self raising flour £1, for the bakers amongst us and also spotted 1kg packets of Tilda rice also £1.
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    Got some Kenco Millicano 85g pouches for £1.49 today cheapest you usually get it is £2 in the supermarket's it is a good instant coffee.
    Booo!!!
  • squiggles
    squiggles Posts: 1,635 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Lots of different sheets with the rub on transfers for card makers and crafter's, the type you get with the lolly stick for 19p. From memory they had flowers, strawberries, fish, thanks giving, alphabet, sea horses, glow in the dark sea, photo frames, leaves, palm trees. About 30 different ones.
  • Westywoodpecker
    Options
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker :)
  • bubblegumcola
    Options

Thank you for the link, the bags look lovely. Would be perfect for keeping some of my craft things in, currently I have carrier bags full of knitting in various stages.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure