Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions

Options

Comments

• damo24
    damo24 Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    With regards to this form below:
    ATOS_zps9e71ddd7.jpg
    Can you please explain why the person completing this form does not have to complete the "Justification for the above advice" section?

The Doctor completing my medical stated that a return to work could be considered within 3 months yet has not provided any reason or justification for this recommendation. As this case is now going to tribunal it is extremely difficult to argue against this advice without a reason being given.
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi everyone

We understand this is a controversial subject but we need to ask your help to try to get questions answered quicker.

Could you try to keep questions to one per post and ask them as clearly as possible please?

We'd like this thread to continue, to help people see the questions and their answers, so please try to keep it pleasant and on topic.

Thank you

Andrea :)

In that case Andrea may I respectfully suggest that you advise the "Atos PR Rep" to answer the questions rather than just droll out PR'esk responses that can be found on Atos's own website. As has been said Copy & Paste is very useful but in this instance not very helpful!

MSE is not doing itself a favour by allowing this company that MPs have lambasted for the inhumane treatment of sick and disabled people to pretend to be doing MSE forum users a service!
  • schrodie
    schrodie Posts: 8,410 Forumite
    Options
    ebsay wrote: »
    Can i confirm that it will be alright to bring somebody else to the Assessment?

A family friend. (He's a Solicitor)

Oh bliss :D How lucky you are! Atos's own handbook says you can take a friend along and they can take notes. Get the assessment recorded as well.

Good luck!!
  • isolation
    isolation Posts: 120 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2013 at 10:19AM
    Options
    ATOS REP

I wouldn't waste your time, you will get nothing but abuse, in particular from the ones with mental health "issues" who will use you as a metaphorical punching bag.

Hmmm, personally speaking, I am not sure if I have a mental health 'issue'. I hold down a f-t career and I don't believe that I have abused ATOS, though I do also believe that they as a corporate identity do deserve it for the way in which they treat thousands of the most vulnerable people in our country.

I have asked this question before, but perhaps the ATOS rep can answer it now ?

1. Would it not be ATOS and their 'customers' best interests to record ALL assessments as a matter of course in order to easily resolve most complaints (whether they be legitimate or spurious) ?

In my partner's case, 3 wildly erroneous complaints held up her right to ESA benefits for 7 months and are still holding up this for DLA - 15 months and counting. In this time, it has had a devastating effect on her, it has been very wearing for me. It has cost me a lot of money in calls and appointments with advisors, MPs etc. It has taken up countless hours of valuable time of ATOS staff, of DWP staff, ministerial staff, independent complaints authorities and tribunal staff and judges. A simple recording which would have proved that the assessment reports were not fit for purpose would have saved all of this before coming to the same conclusion.
    In a similar way, many people do not have the wherewithall to go through such a tortuous process as they are left feeling that it is just their word against an ATOS assessor and noone would believe them. My partner would simply not have been able to prove this by herself and I am sure many others have been left with no option but to give up on the process.

2. would it also not be worth the investment to have a more competent complaints process before having to get to the end of it before someone competent is able to assess complaints fairly ? Many times, the first and second level just try to defend the indefensible.

3. why do you not give customers access to your complaints procedure on request rather than making them submit a Freedom of Information request to the DWP for it?

Dee
  • schrodie
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi everyone

We understand this is a controversial subject ..................

Thank you

Andrea :)

It's only controversial due to the revelation by MPs of the egregious treatment of sick and disabled people by Atos.

If Atos treated sick and disabled people with the dignity and respect they deserve and didn't use targets to throw genuine sick and disabled people off their benefits at the behest of the DWP then again this wouldn't be a controversial subject.

Like JS has said MSE is doing itself no favours by colluding with this company!
  • Atos_Healthcare_representative
    Atos_Healthcare_representative Posts: 221 Organisation Representative
    Options
    ebsay wrote: »
    Can i confirm that it will be alright to bring somebody else to the Assessment?

A family friend. (He's a Solicitor)

ebsay, yes, as others have said, you can bring somebody with you to the assessment.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • schrodie
    Options
    Another brief appearance from the Atos PR Rep!!

Let's try again with the simple question.

"Given that Atos only had 11 of these machines to cover all 141 of its processing centres given your claim that "we now have more kit available to us" how many does Atos have now?"

If you don't know the answer or Atos don't have any more recording devices please just say.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    schrodie, you question is badly structured M8, it might be that :

- they have 20,000 biro's but only 3 have ink in them
    - they have 20,000 chairs but 56% have broken legs and are not safe
    - they have 20,000 recording machines but :

- because of the logistics of travel, and;
    - the service and calibration requirements, only ;
    - 6 are in service in one of the 141 assessment centres on any one day, on average, over the last 26 weeks
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • staz
    staz Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Atos rep loving the brief reply yet again focusing on recently added questions and not answering those that were asked on the day of creation. Again answering a question in which the answer can easily be found I believe also written on the assessment appointment sheet saying that it is encouraged that people take a some support along.

Can we maybe get some answers to questions that there are no answers posted out there already for.
  • schrodie
    edited 22 January 2013 at 5:07PM
    Options
    schrodie, you question is badly structured M8, it might be that :

- they have 20,000 biro's but only 3 have ink in them
    - they have 20,000 chairs but 56% have broken legs and are not safe
    - they have 20,000 recording machines but :

- because of the logistics of travel, and;
    - the service and calibration requirements, only ;
    - 6 are in service in one of the 141 assessment centres on any one day, on average, over the last 26 weeks

Why don't Atos just come out and admit that they're against claimants having their WCAs recorded. We all know why they're against recording of WCAs, not that that matters as they get away with producing so many sub-standad WCA reports hence the massive cost to the taxpayer in appeals.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure