The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 2!!!

Options

Comments

• gemred_21
    gemred_21 Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    I'm in a foul mood so won't stop by for long.
    Gas bill - £117
    Electricity bill - £133
    for ONE MONTH!!!! (divided by two people but I was away for half December!)

After 8 mints eaten by housemates dogs who apparently haven't been in my room all day, pull the other one.
    Sister trying to get me to take a days holiday (costs me £134) to see a baby that's not even been born yet. Oh plus the petrol (so another £50).
    CK fabric STILL not arrived!
    I'm going to go and put up some window insulation whilst I'm feeling stroppy and hopefully come back a bit cheerier.

:( <
    this is my grumpy face

That seem a lot for one month, I would ring them up and query this, do you give them metre readings every month? I use British Gas online and enter every month my readings, plus we insulated the roof.

Hope you get it sorted, I didn't order the CK material as the hubby give me the look and I knew that actually we couldn't really afford it.
    rictus123 wrote: »
    Well i am on NSD no 7! In a row aswel as it was the 1st and 2nd that were spend days. Back to work today and i absolute loved it. Cannot wait to get back into the routine, looking forward to completing projects and progressing onto the next ones...will get the pennies rolling in and enable me to *hopefully* Pay off all debt by my next birthday....so pushing to get as much gone by July!! As it stands next payments will be 14thish of January. Trying to get 25% of debt paid off by end of next month so £2500 to find!!

Well done I hope I can follow in your footsteps, first NSD for me today and first day back at work, although I'm not as enthusiastic as yourself spent 4 hours replying to emails (i hate emails and paperwork) :(
    I will stop spending on things I don't need :eek:

Lloyds TSB CC - £3577/£3650, HSBC CC - £2425/£2621, VIRGIN CC - £5349/£5405, BARCLAY'S CC - £3700, HALIFAX - £109/£199

Pay off all your debt by Christmas 2012 - number #145 £608.00/£15,313
  • kc26
    kc26 Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    I have been catching up on all the posts and think whoever runs this thread is fantastic. As it takes me quite some time to catch up on the posts from during the day I can imagine how hard it is to read through all the posts to update totals.

I was thinking it would probably be easier for everyone to post totals one day a week but then I thought updating my totals everytime I make a payment is what is motivating me to pay off my debts and not add to them. I don't know if there is anyway in which we could pm our totals to make it easier!!

Anyway you all inspired me lst night to upload some items onto ebay last night when I should have been going to bed so we will see how I get on, I did sell 2 items yesterday but only made £10 on the plus side it was 2 items I would have thrown out and not made a penny so it is better in my pocket.

Today I received a payment for a phone I sold, normally I would think about what I could spend it on but instead paid it straight to the credit cards - oooohhh I must be turning a new leaf and I have also managed not to look at the grabbit board on here since joining this thread and that was always the first place I looked, so thanks everyone for keeping me in check.

My updated totals today is:
    #259 £766.95/£12,477.37
    :DPay off ALL my debt by Xmas 2012 Challenge
    Paid Jan £1027.83/Feb £917.97/Mar £1353.67/Apr £1367.19
    #259 Total £4643.67/£12,636:D
    :eek:Lose 14lbs in 2012 9/14lbs:eek:
    :TJanuary Grocery Challenge £263.98/£300:T
    :)February Grocery Challenge £0/£300:)
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Feeling a bit less angry now, and instead a bit tearful. It's just sunk in that OH is going to Canada for 4 months and I won't get to see him :( I don't think I can afford the flights over there as I have my debt to clear. I'm really pleased for him, but I was hoping it wasn't going to have to happen as I'll miss him.

On the upside NSD for me today :)
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • DorsetGirl_2
    DorsetGirl_2 Posts: 1,416 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry you are feeling sad Kerry :grouphug: (I know its supposed to be a group hug smiley but it always looks a bit rude to me :D)

£842.65/£7873.87 for #130 - over 10% now and so near to being under 7k worth of debt.
    Pay off all my debts before Christmas 2015 #165.
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    Feeling a bit less angry now, and instead a bit tearful. It's just sunk in that OH is going to Canada for 4 months and I won't get to see him :( I don't think I can afford the flights over there as I have my debt to clear. I'm really pleased for him, but I was hoping it wasn't going to have to happen as I'll miss him.

On the upside NSD for me today :)

I know paying off debt is important, but why not give yourself a bit of a break and maybe pay some towards a Canada trip? Sometimes our own happiness is more important than debt. When I went a couple of years ago, it was about £500 to Toronto return with BA.
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • supakarin
    Options
    The dreaded trip to the garage happened today, they found 5 things wrong and it's gonna cost over 200 squids to fix. They couldn't complete the work today so will have to bring the car in tommorow too.... Only ended up paying 40 for mot, tomorrow will be the repairs. This on top of the big lunch we had with the family at the weekend that cost us 180 which I didn't pay, my sister did I felt guilty she beat me to the bill that I just gave her the computer I fixed for her so no monies To Call it Evens, 'twas for hers and dads joint birthday lunch type thing. It's gonna be a tough month, I'm already well into my overdraft. Ah well, on the plus side my mum has asked me to hold onto 2.5k for her which will basically go into turning high interest debt into 0 interest debt, sometime this month. This will save in the region of about 36 squids a month. She is prepping me to save enough for a deposit on a house.

I failed miserably at the not smoking thing at the weekend too. Smoked about a whole packet, got so embarrassed pouncing off my friends father I had to go out and buy some myself. This is still about half of what I would normally smoke but I was hoping to do better! Can't update my totals yet as I'm waiting on payday. I know I'm doing much better, Roll on the 25th, this month is already dragging its heels.
    LBM Jan 2011 - £7933.95
    Debt free by Xmas 2012 582.21/7933.95
  • kerri_dfw
    Options
    I've checked flights and it's about £600 return with a half decent company. I still owe over 6x that amount to my creditors so it's really not feasible although if I get my bonus then maybe I could put some to one side. Besides there's OH's debt that needs to be paid off when he gets a job although he can do that by himself as it's not my debt. I'm off to find a spoon for my nutella jar to cheer me up om nom nom. Then to call OH to apologise for being snappy earlier and explain why. I don't even know if I can get the time off with my new job as it's project based and 2 weeks during probation just might not wash =/

Welcome to all the new people, sorry I keep forgetting peoples names. Please just join in with the patter we're friendly and not cliquey at all. I've never been part of a clique.

This weeks Challenge should you choose to accept: "The pen is mightier than the sword"
    The best thing I've done besides this thread is keep my own diary on here and read other peoples, it's inspirational and I've learnt so much from writing down the things I do or that I want to do, or that are bugging me. So your challenge is to keep a diary. It doesn't have to be on here, it could be on Notepad or some other word processor, or even good old pen and paper. The minute you start writing down your spending habits they start to become less scary and you learn where you can make changes.

Well done everyone on last weeks challenge, who spent the least on food shop do we know?
  • InsertWittyName
    Options
    Diary is a good idea kerri, I recommend it (whether virtual or not).

To get us started, here's a link to kerri's diary: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3612049

And my own: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3452363
    I was a DFW, now I'm a MFW :T
  • kerri_dfw
    Options
    I warn you I do a lot of writing on mine!
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've checked flights and it's about £600 return with a half decent company. I still owe over 6x that amount to my creditors so it's really not feasible although if I get my bonus then maybe I could put some to one side. Besides there's OH's debt that needs to be paid off when he gets a job although he can do that by himself as it's not my debt. I'm off to find a spoon for my nutella jar to cheer me up om nom nom. Then to call OH to apologise for being snappy earlier and explain why. I don't even know if I can get the time off with my new job as it's project based and 2 weeks during probation just might not wash =/

Welcome to all the new people, sorry I keep forgetting peoples names. Please just join in with the patter we're friendly and not cliquey at all. I've never been part of a clique.

This weeks Challenge should you choose to accept: "The pen is mightier than the sword"
    The best thing I've done besides this thread is keep my own diary on here and read other peoples, it's inspirational and I've learnt so much from writing down the things I do or that I want to do, or that are bugging me. So your challenge is to keep a diary. It doesn't have to be on here, it could be on Notepad or some other word processor, or even good old pen and paper. The minute you start writing down your spending habits they start to become less scary and you learn where you can make changes.

Well done everyone on last weeks challenge, who spent the least on food shop do we know?

Awwww Kerri, I'm giving you a really big squashy hug :A I remember what it used to be like being so far from my OH (it's actually amazing I can remember that far back as I've been single for so long! :rotfl:)

I've loved this weeks challenge but didn't do too well as my family kept running out of things for me to buy on my way home. Then they went for a walk and ended up at Asd@ and just bought 2 packs of cheap ibuprofen!!! I've spent over £70 this week on food for the family. This needs to change...

Loving the new challenge, I got out of the habit of doing my diary on here but will start it up again. I really enjoyed it and who knows what weird and wonderful ideas develop in them (hint hint, this thread!!!). I'm thinking of adding a list of all your weekly challenges on the first page on one of my unused posts so it may inspire newbies. Also, if a new weekly challenge is not applicable for someone then they can just choose one from the list instead...? If you're ok with this, can you please pm me a list of the challenges so I can post it on there obviously making it known to all that these challenges are developed from your crazy mind :rotfl:!

Keep your chin up hun, we're all here for you xxx
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills