LPG Suppliers?

Options
Hi there...

Can anyone help me with choosing a new supplier for LPG?
We're currently with FloGas and being charged 58.43 pence per litre!:eek: We feel that they are ripping us off big time and our contract is up in October. We only use about 1,300-1,500 litres a year as we have good insulation etc.
Has anyone got any advice... Is anyone getting a good deal elsewhere?

Thank you in advance

Sharon

Comments

• molokoid
    Options
    Hi, i'd recommend buying your own tank when your contract is up so that you're a free agent and can go where you please.

My last fill in the spring was 28p a litre and i'm about to do a winter top up at 32p a litre which i think is quite competitive.

Buying my tank was about £325.
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Sharon

You are being ripped off big time by flogas! You can get quotes from other lpg suppliers, this thread may help:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1003291

Also, when you get your quote remember that it is just the starting point! Haggle hard not just for price per litre but also for discounts. Check contract very carefully too for allowed price increases.
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi

molokoid wrote: »

Buying my tank was about £325.

How did you get your own tank? Was it from your old supplier or one from new? What are the maintenance implications on your own tank?

Sorry for the inquisition, its just an interesting concept that I may consider pursuing when my own contract runs out next year!

Also where do you now get your lpg from?

Thanks
  • DAVID.T_3
    Options
    Hi there...

Can anyone help me with choosing a new supplier for LPG?
    We're currently with FloGas and being charged 58.43 pence per litre!:eek: We feel that they are ripping us off big time and our contract is up in October. We only use about 1,300-1,500 litres a year as we have good insulation etc.
    Has anyone got any advice... Is anyone getting a good deal elsewhere?

Thank you in advance

Sharon

Go to UKLPG website and it will show a list of suppliers in your area, price should be around 40-45p per ltr. Use a small independant if you can, they will be cheaper. I would not tell them your usage as this is quite low, No point re-signing with Flogas as whatever they come down they will soon increase again
  • molokoid
    Options
    frankie wrote: »
    Hi

How did you get your own tank? Was it from your old supplier or one from new? What are the maintenance implications on your own tank?

Sorry for the inquisition, its just an interesting concept that I may consider pursuing when my own contract runs out next year!

Also where do you now get your lpg from?

Thanks

Hi, an extremely belated reply to this sorry!

My tank was already in situ (2000l overground tank) when i moved into the property, so i bought it from the previous supplier, Calor.

Maintenance needs to be done periodically at your cost, but it's far far cheaper than paying via a contract.

I get my LPG from whoever is willing to offer the cheapest price when i come to order. They're all regional suppliers that you're going to get it from, my main one is Listers Gases. But before i've bought through middlemen like Extra Gas, who then contract it to Flogas, but they get a better price than going direct. Be wary with Extra Gas though, they state that they make a fixed mark up of something like 10% on whatever price they pay, it's not true, they make as much as they can!
  • Moneysava_wannaB
    Options
    molokoid wrote: »
    Hi, an extremely belated reply to this sorry!

My tank was already in situ (2000l overground tank) when i moved into the property, so i bought it from the previous supplier, Calor.

Maintenance needs to be done periodically at your cost, but it's far far cheaper than paying via a contract.

I get my LPG from whoever is willing to offer the cheapest price when i come to order. They're all regional suppliers that you're going to get it from, my main one is Listers Gases. But before i've bought through middlemen like Extra Gas, who then contract it to Flogas, but they get a better price than going direct. Be wary with Extra Gas though, they state that they make a fixed mark up of something like 10% on whatever price they pay, it's not true, they make as much as they can!

Can't find anywhere to buy a tank from?

:xmassign:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family