Destroying Credit Cards with Chips

Options

Comments

• Lopo
    Lopo Posts: 484 Forumite
    Options
    burp..!

I eat mine, nobody goes near what is left behind 24 hours later.

Egg and Goldfish are the tastiest, often followed by a Mint for dessert!

;)
    Beware Lego Men with Deep pockets...! :cool:
  • xbox
    xbox Posts: 7,797 Forumite
    Options
    Whats happened to your post count? :confused:

You've been on the boards for ages - really only 450 odd posts?
  • boogiemaster
    boogiemaster Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    Sand off both sides of the credit card and use it to fill walls with filler?
    Get the chip and toss it into a fire.
    I'm not poor i'm just skint
  • empfun
    empfun Posts: 608 Forumite
    Options
    All that burning and melting and releasing toxic fumes into the atmosphere. Whatever happened to eco-friendliness? Spare a thought for the environment, use a rock and smash the hell out of the card.
    I know nothing
  • ACID
    ACID Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    Options
    ERMM your card is expired

does it matter what you do with it

either way its put into a reader
    and a new number is reporgrammed

nothing of oyur details are used
    meanign your bank will stil have the same funds!
  • Stonk
    Stonk Posts: 937 Forumite
    Options
    I smash mine violently with a tungsten carbide hammer, and shred it into fine particles with a sander. I then burn these particles ferociously in a high-oxygen atmosphere, and dissolve the ash in concentrated sulphuric acid. I subject this fluid to an ultra-strong magnetic field to remove any remaining memory, and then place it in a particle accelerator and bombard it with heavy nuclei until all the atoms have changed into different elements. Finally I encase the resulting goo in glass and have it taken into space on the next available mission, and fired in the general direction of the nearest black hole.

Only once have I been defrauded - by the hyper-intelligent beings of Alpha Centauri, who intercepted the card and bought a toaster on eBay.
  • Hunnymonster
    Hunnymonster Posts: 751 Forumite
    Options
    I just pop mine in the microwave on HIGH for 10 seconds (it's a 1000W output, so remember to adjust the cooking times appropriately for your oven ;) ) and then shred the result.
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

In many cases it helps if you say where you are - someone with local knowledge might be able to give local specifics rather than general advice
  • Stonk
    Stonk Posts: 937 Forumite
    Options
    I just pop mine in the microwave on HIGH for 10 seconds (it's a 1000W output, so remember to adjust the cooking times appropriately for your oven ;) ) and then shred the result.

Mmm. Now I am eagerly awaiting the expiry of my next card, so I can discover what effect the microwave has. I am imagining a wonderful flexible, floppy card that can be stretched like cheese on a pizza.
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Stonk wrote:
    Only once have I been defrauded - by the hyper-intelligent beings of Alpha Centauri, who intercepted the card and bought a toaster on eBay.
    Can't be that intelligent - could have saved a few billion on postage if they'd bought locally.
  • Jacster_2
    Jacster_2 Posts: 1,192 Forumite
    Options
    Stonk wrote:
    I smash mine violently with a tungsten carbide hammer, and shred it into fine particles with a sander. I then burn these particles ferociously in a high-oxygen atmosphere, and dissolve the ash in concentrated sulphuric acid. I subject this fluid to an ultra-strong magnetic field to remove any remaining memory, and then place it in a particle accelerator and bombard it with heavy nuclei until all the atoms have changed into different elements. Finally I encase the resulting goo in glass and have it taken into space on the next available mission, and fired in the general direction of the nearest black hole.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    If it was easy, everyone would do it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family