Unenforceability & Template Letters III

Options

Comments

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    Slickfm wrote: »
    I have a quick question please, at what point in time do all the outstanding balances drop off a credit file? Is it when they go Statute Barred (6yrs debt free:j)?

Hiya

yes, or 6 years after the default date, so in a weird scenario you could find a debt was defaulted in say 2005, however in 2008 a DCA traces you and you start to pay. So in essence the SB date would be 2014 right? However, as the original default was placed in 2005, the entry would be erased in its entirety on 2011 regardless of whether you've paid it or not.

Statute Barred is 6 years from date of last payment/acknowledgement so could be later than the actual default removal date - if that makes sense? :D
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • 5corpio
    5corpio Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, (NID)

A merry Sunshine day, been out sunbathing, as no mail arrived, seems to have gone all quiet on the western front....

All my (unpresidentated credit cards were taken out before the April CCA Unenforceablility Act Apr 2007..... where in 2007 i consoldilate all debts and went through a DMP (Debt Management Plan), as my current position since Feb 2010 i have been temporary redundant from my employer i have had to cease my payments to the DMP. can i see still follow the simple rules of engaging Unenforceability? even though i had, had been making payments through the DMP?

thanks

Have a great afternoon tea in the sunshine all, unless up in Scotland enjoy your ski-ing as there is still snow up there....
    5corpio
  • Slickfm
    Slickfm Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya

yes, or 6 years after the default date, so in a weird scenario you could find a debt was defaulted in say 2005, however in 2008 a DCA traces you and you start to pay. So in essence the SB date would be 2014 right? However, as the original default was placed in 2005, the entry would be erased in its entirety on 2011 regardless of whether you've paid it or not.

Statute Barred is 6 years from date of last payment/acknowledgement so could be later than the actual default removal date - if that makes sense? :D
    I understand, cheers Nid:)
  • fedupwiththeworry
    Options
    Hi NIDS,

Further to 3341

BOS have now sent the original signed application form plus (in their words) a copy of my reconstituted current terms and conditions, do you want to take a look ?, it's all scanned and ready to send.

The DCA for Cahoot CCard have said they have requested the details from the lender and will cease chasing in the meantime, so sitting tight on that one.

Finally the DCA for the GE Money/ASDA CCard have sent their normal monthly statement which has a "cash payment" of £1.00 taken off the o/s amount. It was dated the day they received the postal order (checked via track and trace). What do I do about that please ?

That's the update as of today.

Thanks Niddy :T
  • maz1964
    maz1964 Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Afternoon niddy and gang

i hope you are all okay and sun is fab where you all are, its sunny with me and just popped on to say hiya and view updates, i had to help a freind out with a few things this morning and now need to concentrate on my stuff, so a few more boxes of stuff i want to get through and then i can update you finally on my lloyds dilemma i have niddy as per my email last weekend which you kindly replied to but i was a tad confused when you said to see this thread for updates... going to the start and see if ive missed any new templates perhaps,

cheerio for now all MAZ:)
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 1525

"Knowledge is the Power to get Debt Free":j

Truecall device, stops all the unneccesary phone calls - my sanity has been restored and the peace in the house is truely priceless!:rotfl:
  • never-in-doubt
    edited 2 June 2010 at 3:07PM
    Options
    maz1964 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon niddy and gang

i hope you are all okay and sun is fab where you all are, its sunny with me and just popped on to say hiya and view updates, i had to help a freind out with a few things this morning and now need to concentrate on my stuff, so a few more boxes of stuff i want to get through and then i can update you finally on my lloyds dilemma i have niddy as per my email last weekend which you kindly replied to but i was a tad confused when you said to see this thread for updates... going to the start and see if ive missed any new templates perhaps,

cheerio for now all MAZ:)

Maz I think I would have been referring to Lloyds - see here: #3359 :D

However this has now been sorted so no need to PM me everything anymore. As per below messages!

• never-in-doubt
    edited 14 June 2010 at 2:14AM
    Options
    This is the template you would send to the Lloyds Bank if you receive the same response to your s.78 request as what is found within this link: Here.

You're pretty much arguing their response, plus telling them that is it - you've had enough! Put Up or Shut Up!
    Template to Lloyds TSB - Upon their claim they have satisfied s.78

Dear Lloyds TSB,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to your letter dated xx/xx/xxxx, the content of which has been noted and my response is set out below, for your perusal.

You start by saying that because you'd sent a copy of the "reconstituted agreement", a copy of the current terms and a signed statement of account that you have satisfied your obligations under s.78 (CCA1974) - unfortunately you are incorrect in your assessment of what does conform compliance to s.78. It is not my position to relate the actual criteria to you but suffice to say your statement in this letter will benefit me, more than you, in a court of law. For instance, you state that a copy of the current terms will suffice; however if I refer you to the recent case of Carey v HSBC (and others) you'll clearly see that this is incorrect as Judge Waksman made direct reference to this in his judgment by stating that "If an agreement has been varied by the creditor under a unilateral power of variation, the creditor must still supply a copy of the original terms, as well as the varied terms".

Whilst, as a result of the Carey v HSBC "Test Case", I am inclined to accept your theory that you do not need to send a copy of the original agreement, I would argue that failure to provide such form would suggest you do not have it ergo you may not be able to add all the elements as originally suggested, encompassing the prescribed terms and other preliminary issues. Which would therefore make the account unenforceable. I refer you to the following statement made by Judge Waksman at the same hearing:
    "it is necessary to assume that the agreement has not been varied under s.82(1) - as it may not have been if the s.78 request was made not long after the agreement was made"
    This, in simple terms, means that the Test Case was not a traditional Test Case as he refused to deal with the wider implications of unenforceability, whilst sticking to the specific cases at hand, at court that particular day. In essence, the Carey v HSBC case all boiled down to 6 Preliminary Issues which included provision for the specified case in that there were 5 Assumed Facts, and that the agreement had not been varied. None of these assumed facts are relevant in my case and therefore the judgment should be disregarded in its entirety. I will revert back to standard layman in following the usual provision which is, to clarify:
    127(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a)(signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).
    You then go on to say that as you've satisfied your s.78 request, the agreement I have with you is fully enforceable and you will continue to treat it as such. I'm sorry to advise that this is also incorrect, unless you became a Judge overnight and can make such decisions? For the avoidance of doubt, such matters must be heard in court to determine unenforceability and without the correct paperwork, this account will become unenforceable in line with s.127 of the CCA.

I am not using the services of a CMC, thanks for your concern, as you know full well I am using the services of an internet website which is adequate for the time being. I refer you to recent judgments and provision within the CCA, for clarity and further guidance.

You mention that failure to make payments to the account will result in collection activities, that is fine, in line with the recent McGuffick v RBS case - however please ensure you do not breach OFT Guidelines or CCA guidelines as this may result in action being taken against you for your harassment, as you know there is a fine line between collection activities and harassment and I trust you will stick to the former?

I really do not feel there is anything left to add, so please be my guest and report the account conduct to the CRA's, maintain collection activities and request that I repay you but bear in mind the recent Carey v HSBC case has no direct effect on my case and any attempt to utilise the findings of this case will be averred as unlawful and vexatious with a counter-claim forthcoming.

Yours faithfully

Sign digitally

• never-in-doubt
    edited 15 June 2010 at 4:41AM
    Options
    Hi

Quick update regards to Lloyds and their silly claims - following on from my post last week: #3359

My actual response to their most recent lies, mentioned in the above post is found here: #3420

Update 02.06.2010

Lloyds seem to think they are above and beyond the normal rules, and now seem to be sending the same letter to everyone, such letters will look like those attached below, however, this type of letter that Lloyds are issuing can be ignored, as it is actually wrong in so many places - its ridiculous. The link to respond to Lloyds (New Template) is here: Template to Lloyds TSB - Upon their claim they have satisfied s.78

The document they will be sending you looks like these: (3 pages):
    lloyds1.jpg
    lloyds2.jpg
    lloyds3.jpg

• never-in-doubt
    Options
    BOS have now sent the original signed application form plus (in their words) a copy of my reconstituted current terms and conditions, do you want to take a look ?, it's all scanned and ready to send.

No need - send this: CCA Query

The DCA for Cahoot CCard have said they have requested the details from the lender and will cease chasing in the meantime, so sitting tight on that one.

Yes, just sit tight.
    Finally the DCA for the GE Money/ASDA CCard have sent their normal monthly statement which has a "cash payment" of £1.00 taken off the o/s amount. It was dated the day they received the postal order (checked via track and trace). What do I do about that please ?

Send this: CCA Reminder

• never-in-doubt
    Options
    sadg wrote: »
    Niddy would it be OK the either email or PM you the two sheets of my credit agreement with Egg so you could just check if it's enforceable or not?

Thanks Sadg

Hiya

Have you checked page 1 - there are little unenforceability checkers there? If not then email it to me. PM sent with email in. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family