DEBT FREE since 2011
    Retiring to Spain has changed my world

:beer:
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Take a Puzzle Issue 4

(have put home page on as well just in case page for comp doesn't show up as they seem to have changed it again!)

pge 6 - Single White Female
    pge 11 - 3
    pge 17 - Gamble
    pge 23 - Button
    pge 29 - Blower
    pge 35 - He directed one of her videos
    pge 41 - Laundry
    pge 47 - Pound
    pge 53 - Canine
    pge 59 - Dara O'Briain

http://www.puzzlemagazines.co.uk/competition-entry-form/2009/TakeaPuzzle/4

http://www.puzzlemagazines.co.uk/home

Good luck :j

please see Aggie's 1st page for new updated puzzle mag comps..

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=999457&highlight=puzzler+comps

. .. .. .. .. .. ... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

:A Huge thanks to all posters you are :A hello-065.gif
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Cheeky_Chicken
    Cheeky_Chicken Posts: 5,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sumdoku Clicky

Answer = 325489167

Thanks to korky & everyone in the Inn who helped with this! :T:T Will try & do it on my own next month :o

I've no interest in these types of puzzles really, but have taken a subscription out for this one as korky buys a LOT of puzzle mags which she's not really bothered about - mostly to provide answers to us lot!! I know money's tight at the moment, but if anyone else feels able to take one on that would be fab - but please check with korky first, as there are some she already has subs to & there's no point duplicating :)
    Al Mac Appreciation Society (AMAS) member # 6½
    This Will Be Mine 2009 Member #5 I just want to win a new iPod please
    Member of the missing kipper club
  • blackmidnight
    blackmidnight Posts: 13,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't mind taking out a subscription for one of them as I've noticed you can do it online (as long as it's not a crossword one as I won't be able to do them). I noticed on the first page the only answers we're missing are the Sudoku Selection ones so is that because no one has a subscription to that one?
    2008: £783.12 - 2009: £6,401.15 - 2010: £4,230.61 - 2011: £8720 - 2012: £2,041.89
    2013: £134.96
  • grannysmither
    Options
    Hi sorry to be a pain but in korky's post #483 is it really Dara O'Briain or should it be Dara O'Brian?
  • ButtonF1Fan
    ButtonF1Fan Posts: 1,234 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,
    thank you all for your answers, youre all angels.

A question if i may... i KNOW i was registered on puzzlemags. i've just tried my username, and all my comping emails, couldnt get in at all! i've just had to re-register. anyone else? Was i deleted/barred do you think for entering too many comps?
    Julie
  • reniannen
    reniannen Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    a bit unfair Al, unless you watch a whole lot of Mock the Week and the Dave channel in general you're not going to know who he is. And apparently his name is weird, even in Ireland, lol. I was going to point out to people to watch that you type Briain not Brian :)
  • fire**fly
    Options
    I don't mind taking out a subscription for one of them as I've noticed you can do it online (as long as it's not a crossword one as I won't be able to do them). I noticed on the first page the only answers we're missing are the Sudoku Selection ones so is that because no one has a subscription to that one?

hi bm, i thought we'd done the sudoku selection 3, but have just checked aggies first page & looked through my books & i've not got it unless i've misplaced it somewhere,
    i don't subscribe to any of the sudoku ones as i hate doing them :rotfl: i just go buy them when we need them, more of a crossword etc person myself :D so if no-one else wants to do / or doesn't mind, i'd love it if you could help out with it please,

what does everyone think if we make a list out & put down who subscribes to which mags/ or buys which mags / or who would like to join in & help out with one ?

to save bumping up the tab puzzler comps with chat or everyone replying to this, think it would be best if all of you agree that we should do it in the "comps discussions"
    thread , i don't mind starting it off in there if you all give me 5 mins, especially as now all the issue 4's are due out as it would help the puzzler thread to run through easy to find the comps we need without all the chat inbetween ?
    up to you all ...
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• fire**fly
    Options
    Al_Mac wrote: »
    Briain is the comic tv presenter, Brian is???

Hi Al, the puzzle is a wordsearch which you have to cross out all the words & the letters that are left over is the name we're looking for, the clue is..
    Irish television host, born in Wicklow, stand up comedy blah blah blah, when i'd finished the puzzle i was unsure of the name as of the funny spelling so did a google..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dara_%C3%93_Briain

hth...

• fire**fly
    Options
    Hi sorry to be a pain but in korky's post #483 is it really Dara O'Briain or should it be Dara O'Brian?

sorry Al, the above post should be for grannysmither :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure