Car finance campaign

Options
vikkimcd
vikkimcd Posts: 19 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 19 April at 4:57PM in Reclaim car finance
Hi,
I have used the template provided by MSE to contact a couple of car finance companies and I am having rather a lot of trouble! The latest one has come back and told me that the company they used to use was taken over by Raphaels Bank, yet I have read that Raphaels has closed down now. I am not sure where to go from here. Does anyone have any advice?
Also, the other companies are saying that they are not able to find anything, despite me giving them the full details. Is there anything else I can use to push for a reply? I know I have the right place and I think they are obviously claiming ignorance.

Comments

• MSE_ForumTeam5
    MSE_ForumTeam5 Posts: 969 Community Admin
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    We've moved this to the relevant part of the forum
    Official MSE Forum Team member. Please use the 'report' button to alert us to problem posts, or email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is actually a DCA forum dedicated to this.

The latest one has come back and told me that the company they used to use was taken over by Raphaels Bank, yet I have read that Raphaels has closed down now. I am not sure where to go from here. Does anyone have any advice?
    It is still open.  They just stopped offering it in 2018.

Also, the other companies are saying that they are not able to find anything, despite me giving them the full details. Is there anything else I can use to push for a reply?
    Wait until the FCA have completed their review in September (may get pushed back as many firms are having problems providing old data destroyed under data protection rules).

At this time, any claims are just unnecessarily creating work and costs which get passed to the consumer and won't be looked at until after the FCA review.   So, wait until the FCA decide if there is an issue or not.

Also, remember that it only covers post April 2007 cases.  So, you can disregard agreements signed before that date.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback