IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Rugby St Cross Hospital - CPP/ParkingEye

Options
Smelly_Dog
Smelly_Dog Posts: 34 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Family member had to take her poorly child to A&E with severe tonsilitis. So stressed by the almost 2 hour wait for treatment they left without paying. Pay points near hospital exits and ANPR.They also had to rush over to Daventry to look after their disabled mother! In fairness to them for many years there was no charge for parking at A&E in Rugby although you were expected to pay for Consultant visits etc... There is a separate area marked A&E only. Obviously since their last visit this has changed. Have done some reading in the forum and there is some good information on NHS duties and responsibilities with regard to patients and parking but exemptions are mostly around the disabled and people staying in. Free parking for 30 minutes and they expected to be in and out. 
Reading elsewhere first port of call is PALS and/or the CEO. Will email them tomorrow but other posts seem to suggest that they are worse than useless.
Presume blue text is the way to go near the appropriate time?
Interestingly the first letter that they have received is marked "reminder." The only other 'case' that I could find here had the same experience. First letter that they received was a "Parking Charge Notice Reminder."

Comments

• JoeN1988
    JoeN1988 Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rugby St Cross is a "minor injuries" unit and not A&E. It's worth noting that the car park has been Pay and Display for a good many years.

It might be worth searching the forum for "PALS". They are the service to appeal to. 
  • Smelly_Dog
    edited 17 April at 9:18PM
    Options
    Hello again JoeN. Interestingly the markings in the little car park next to it still say "A&E only" in big yellow paint. I'm also fairly sure it was still free for a long time after ANPR was introduced in the rest of the car park.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    "Smelly_Dog said:

Redacted copy in next post.

A reminder isn't relevant.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Smelly_Dog
    Options
    Blue text used in Online Appeal. Emails to PALS and CEO going off today/tomorrow.
  • Smelly_Dog
    edited 19 April at 5:41PM
    Options
    If I post a copy of the appeal to PALS here is there a risk of my family member compromising themselves as it is quite hard to appeal to their better nature without admitting that they were driving? Although I have marked the request for them to cancel it as Private & Confidential and Without Prejudice so, in theory, it shouldn't be passed to anyone else or used in litigation if I understand correctly?  
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We don't know if it matters, as we haven't seen if the PCN was 'POFA worded' or not.  The reminder is irrelevant.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Smelly_Dog
    Options
    We don't know if it matters, as we haven't seen if the PCN was 'POFA worded' or not.  The reminder is irrelevant.
    Sorry if I'm being a bit dense Coupon. What exactly do you mean when you say that "The reminder is irrelevant?" Irrelevant to what? 

Will try and post Page 2. Was struggling yesterday....
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,722 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Here's a link that works... postimg.cc/hfK31FSq

No, I can't see anything POFA related on that second page either.
  • Smelly_Dog
    Options
    Have added links to first comment. Will delete big images. Sorry!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback