VW Response

Options
Sent the draft emails with agreement numbers listed and received the below response from VW.
Is this just a stalling tactic?
They have all of this info from the Agreement number / some of it from the email.

Thank you for contacting us.

Before we are able to answer your query it is normal for us to ask a few security questions to verify we are communicating with our customer or their authorised third party, before we provide agreement specific information.

Please reply to this email with the following information and once verified we will be happy to assist you further.

Agreement Holder:
Full name of Agreement Holder:
Vehicle Registration No:
Postcode:
Date of birth:
Last 4 digits of bank account number:
Month and year agreement started:
Length of agreement:

Please can you also confirm if there have been any changes to your contact details since your last communication with us?

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why would they want to 'stall' when nothing is going to happen till September anyway.

It's a request so you can verify who you claim to be.
  • CraigInnes
    CraigInnes Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BoGoF said:
    Why would they want to 'stall' when nothing is going to happen till September anyway.

It's a request so you can verify who you claim to be.
    Thanks for input, very helpful.
  • GFBunn
    GFBunn Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received pretty much the same reply from VW. But my problem is that the finance was taken out in 1997. Ok I realise I'm rolling the dice without the initial paperwork and I probably gave them an out of date address. But the car was bought new from them and they seem to have retained my details - their reply includes the line 'Some of the answers given below do not match the information we have on our systems.' Which is at least good news for other VW customers reaching back hopefully into the distant past.

I've only scanned the topics in this forum for any attempted claims going this far back - does anyone know if I have any reasonable next steps? Obviously I need some way of proving my identity to VW without the paperwork. I'll go back to them with what info I have, but thought I'd ask the forum for any possible ideas?
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,292 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 April at 7:48PM
    Options
    Finance from 1997 is 10 years too early

The FCA is only looking at cases from 6th April 2007 onwards.

On the plus side most new car finance didn't have a DCA element anyway. Most new cars were  and still are advertised with tempting low APR offers set by the manufacturer. 
  • Phoenix72
    Phoenix72 Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    GFBunn said:
    I received pretty much the same reply from VW. But my problem is that the finance was taken out in 1997. Ok I realise I'm rolling the dice without the initial paperwork and I probably gave them an out of date address. But the car was bought new from them and they seem to have retained my details - their reply includes the line 'Some of the answers given below do not match the information we have on our systems.' Which is at least good news for other VW customers reaching back hopefully into the distant past.

I've only scanned the topics in this forum for any attempted claims going this far back - does anyone know if I have any reasonable next steps? Obviously I need some way of proving my identity to VW without the paperwork. I'll go back to them with what info I have, but thought I'd ask the forum for any possible ideas?
    Instead of just 'scanning' and firing of a claim that isn't even in scope why not actually read it and see what it's all about. You are just wasting your time and the finance companies time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback