VM Payments via Apps

Options
Dandytf
Dandytf Posts: 4,833 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
This is my preferred way of repaying CC's in addition to DD's.
VM is one example of linking their App to personal banking Apps.
This ensures I have more control in reducing CC's at my convenience and affordability.
Does user's think Apps are positive addition..

thanks
Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sadly Open banking is being used for far more purposes (cross selling) than it should.

Will not touch Open Banking with a barge pole. 

Life in the slow lane
  • Dandytf
    Options
    thanks @born_again

I'm gaining open banking app usage, whilst I did see VM App via Bank payment option.
    I also had some questions via car dealership yesterday, only as finance text seemed to appear as Scam type.
    Which it wasn't and is genuine, this did use open banking most of my banks refer to Scam Texts and advise against passing details to 3rd party, yet yesterday car finance co does state passing you to 3rd party to choose and login to your account (car finance verification income/outgoings affordabilty checks)
    I was successful after many login attempts, the wording the finance co used online Never made it feel 'Safe'

thanks
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,451 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sadly Open banking is being used for far more purposes (cross selling) than it should.
    Are you suggesting that the way the entire initiative has been set up is broader than you consider it ought to have been, or that there are companies exceeding the permissions they've been given by account holders (and if so, do you have specific named examples)?
  • born_again
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    Are you suggesting that the way the entire initiative has been set up is broader than you consider it ought to have been, or that there are companies exceeding the permissions they've been given by account holders (and if so, do you have specific named examples)?
    Not saying they are exceeding.
    But remember being told by someone high up, that the only reason that it was signed up to use. Was the ability to see who had a mortgage & target them with offers on their own mortgages.

End of the day when signing up, you are agreeing in effect giving the companies a open view on your finance's.

Not for me 😶‍🌫️

Life in the slow lane
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,451 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    Not saying they are exceeding.
    But remember being told by someone high up, that the only reason that it was signed up to use. Was the ability to see who had a mortgage & target them with offers on their own mortgages.

End of the day when signing up, you are agreeing in effect giving the companies a open view on your finance's.

Not for me 😶‍🌫️
    My understanding is that it's protected with safeguards including customisable permissions and bound timescales, etc, rather than being an unfettered free-for-all, but this is all a bit off-topic for this thread, so perhaps worth discussing elsewhere....
  • born_again
    Options
    I agree, but how many just select the default?
    Life in the slow lane
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 April at 11:46AM
    Options
    Dandytf said:
    thanks @born_again

I'm gaining open banking app usage, whilst I did see VM App via Bank payment option.
    I also had some questions via car dealership yesterday, only as finance text seemed to appear as Scam type.
    Which it wasn't and is genuine, this did use open banking most of my banks refer to Scam Texts and advise against passing details to 3rd party, yet yesterday car finance co does state passing you to 3rd party to choose and login to your account (car finance verification income/outgoings affordabilty checks)
    I was successful after many login attempts, the wording the finance co used online Never made it feel 'Safe'

thanks
    You can't afford your existing lifestyle, let alone yet another unnecessary purchase of a car, given you say your aged Leaf has a range of the same as a brand new car with new battery, would it not be more MSE and sensible to keep running that rather than splurging for more debt on a depreciating asset?
  • Dandytf
    Options
    @Nasqueron

If Leaf finance had been declined, then I would have repaid Zoe over 2 yrs.
    Decent surprise and Leaf could very well be my last, hopefully and 'there's an App for that!' 
    Not sure what's changed as seem to be in favour with Klarna after some years for Nissan Car Mat's.
    Only Kitchen Dimplex to consider.

thanks
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/debt-free-wannabe

Seek advice here rather than taking on yet more debt you can't afford
  • Malale
    Malale Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Using a virtual machine to manage credit cards and debit cards is a good approach. This provides greater control over finances and ease of management. People often find such applications useful and convenient, as they allow them to streamline their financial management process.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback