Experian Credit Lock, What Does it actually stop...

Options
mser's
I have Experian Credit Lock Alerts via email, suggesting some HP searches were stopped by Credit Lock, which I've been using for ages.
Now that it's switched off do those Searches need to be made again.

thanks
Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 April at 6:23PM
    Options
    was stopped by CreditLock — the lender wasn’t able to process it on your Experian Credit Report.
    Don't worry, your score hasn't been affected by this application — because your CreditLock is turned on. If it was made by you, and you'd still like to apply, simply turn off CreditLock  and contact the lender.

I'm not sure if Contacting 'Retailer'  Is 100% required.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would strongly recommend you stop wasting money on any "premium" services from Experian - the Credit Lock option seems to be on the Identity Plus account which is £10.99 a month or the Credit Expert at £14.99 a month, both of which are completely worthless - all the info they give you is free online or on here and does nothing to help you get credit. 
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    Dandytf said:
    was stopped by CreditLock — the lender wasn’t able to process it on your Experian Credit Report.
    Don't worry, your score hasn't been affected by this application — because your CreditLock is turned on. If it was made by you, and you'd still like to apply, simply turn off CreditLock  and contact the lender.

As you should know by now, the "score" is a gimmick and completely irrelevant 
  • Dandytf
    edited 12 April at 10:00AM
    Options
    Nasqueron said:
    Dandytf said:

As you should know by now, the "score" is a gimmick and completely irrelevant 
    Quite possibly, it's Not my Score that's of concern today.
    Lets see what happens, at least Experian advised my unlock times were After searches were made, means new searches today are required.

thanks mser's
  • Qyburn
    Qyburn Posts: 2,338 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Nasqueron said:
    I would strongly recommend you stop wasting money on any "premium" services from Experian - the Credit Lock option seems to be on the Identity Plus account which is £10.99 a month or the Credit Expert at £14.99 a month, both of which are completely worthless - all the info they give you is free online or on here and does nothing to help you get credit. 
    Christ, do people worried about money really pour it away like that? I'm in favour of people taking some responsibility for their affairs but ultimately it's the state/taxpayer/us who are going to end up bailing them out.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Qyburn said:
    Nasqueron said:
    Christ, do people worried about money really pour it away like that? I'm in favour of people taking some responsibility for their affairs but ultimately it's the state/taxpayer/us who are going to end up bailing them out.
    Honestly what some people believe!
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Some success via Experian Credit Unlock....What I fail to answer is how I managed EV 'upgrade' new finance year 2 of 4yrs existing finance.
    Particularly after record high inflation.
    I guess EQ's red marker ref total amount of Credit Agreements Isn't seriously stopping every type of application. 

thanks

• Dandytf
    edited 17 April at 6:46AM
    Options
    The very slightly drop in Score post EV upgrade Finance being offered.

• CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Dandytf said:

You surely know by now, given your long tenure on this forum, that this means absolutely nothing.

• Nasqueron
    Options
    Dandytf said:

You surely know by now, given your long tenure on this forum, that this means absolutely nothing.

Given the immense amount of debt he's carrying, more finance on car on top of existing car finance, plus everything else, a debt that is likely 1-3x higher than his income, a score of anything other than 0 definitely means nothing!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback