O2 - Advice needed

Options
stuartm
stuartm Posts: 75 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
I have a sim-only 12 month contract with O2 which ends on 12th April. I have added an Apple Watch cellular plan to this. Cost is £7.99pm for the phone and £5.86pm for the watch which I think is pretty good (15GB data, unlimited calls and texts).

O2 are applying their RPI increase which will be 8.8% from April 1st. One MSE's Cheap Mobile Finder, I can see what amounts to the same deal but with 32GB of data.

As O2 won't waive the RPI increase (they did last year when I asked), is there any reason I can't apply for the O2 offer on MSE and keep my existing number? I appreciate the O2 figures on MSE will get the 8.8% uplift but I may as wel get 32GB if it's the same price as 15GB.

I would switch back to GiffGaff but they (still) don't offer Apple Watch or Wifi Calling ,both of which are important to me.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 28 March at 9:57PM
    Options
    Try going through the USwitch site

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/

After selecting the 32GB deal you will be passed to the O2 Direct site which will ask if you are an O2 customer already and if you want to upgrade. 

I did this last year to add 20 GB to an existing plan for £1 less a month.

EDIT : may be cashback available too via TCB or Quidco if you are a member.

2nd EDIT : don't believe that any new/upgrade plan taken out now will incur a price rise until 2025, my o2 plan runs until June but being offered upgrade now at same price. Will take it to avoid next months increase.
  • stuartm
    Options
    Thanks - just did exactly that. Same price for another 12 months but with 32GB instead of 15GB.
  • Desmond_Hume
    Desmond_Hume Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I do this every year for my mobile plan. I’ve paid £8 per month for about 5 years now.  Rinse and repeat every 12 months. 
  • Tucosalamanca
    Tucosalamanca Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Try going through the USwitch site

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/

After selecting the 32GB deal you will be passed to the O2 Direct site which will ask if you are an O2 customer already and if you want to upgrade. 

I did this last year to add 20 GB to an existing plan for £1 less a month.

EDIT : may be cashback available too via TCB or Quidco if you are a member.

2nd EDIT : don't believe that any new/upgrade plan taken out now will incur a price rise until 2025, my o2 plan runs until June but being offered upgrade now at same price. Will take it to avoid next months increase.
    Thanks for the tip, I've just upgraded and it worked perfectly...
  • stuartm
    Options
    Good plan!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business